Post-Masters Certification (Type 75) in Educational Administration
The licensure in educational administration is available if you have a graduate degree in an educational field other than administration.
Ready For Anything
The licensure in educational administration prepares you to take the qualifying state test and apply for principal licensure in Illinois by taking administrative courses not included in your graduate degree. An internship with a school administrator mentor is part of the experience. You may enroll in the program after completing two years of classroom experience.
Making Your Mark
With educational administration credentials, you will be able to step into building administrator roles in Illinois schools. More than 100 program graduates are administrators in public, private and parochial schools in central Illinois.
Graduate Program Requirements
Required Courses - 29 hrs.
- ENC 605 Legal and Social Change - 3 hrs.
- ENC 606 Interpersonal Behavior and Organizational Leadership - 3 hrs.
- ENC 611 Instructional Leadership - 3 hrs.
- ENC 662 Community Relations - 1 hr.
- ENC 669 Special Education Law - 2 hrs.
- ENC 670 Human Resource Management - 3 hrs.
- ENC 673 Leadership Perspectives - 3 hrs.
- ENC 676 The School Principalship - 2 hrs.
- ENC 677 Educational Finance - 2 hrs.
- ENC 678 United States Public School Law - 3 hrs.
- ENC 686 Field Experiences in Administration - 4 hrs.
Students follow a course sequence similar to students seeking a Master of Arts in Educational Leadership degree with the exception of coursework requirements already satisfied. Upon transcript evaluation of the previous master’s degree in another area, students follow the same courses as master’s level students.Gainful Employment Disclosure