Post Master Certificate Program in Neurocounseling
The 12-hour certificate in neurocounseling is designed for individuals who have master’s degrees in counseling or closely related fields. It applies emerging understandings of the brain’s structure and function to traditional counseling practice.
Preparing You For Success
The one-year certificate is one of the first in the U.S. You learn counseling techniques that help the brain reshape the way it functions. Techniques such as biofeedback, regulation and mindfulness are valuable in helping people address trauma, substance use, phobias and mood disorders.
Making Your Mark
The neurocounseling certificate gives you added value in many counseling-focused settings. You will benefit from the training if you’re involved in health or professional school counseling, social work, psychology, pastoral counseling, rehabilitation counseling, psychiatric nursing and other related fields.
Graduate Program Requirements
Required Courses - 12 hrs.
- ENC 607 Neurocounseling: Bridging Brain and Behavior - 3 hrs.
- ENC 608 Brain-Based Counseling Interventions - 2 hrs.
- ENC 632 Psychopharmacology in Counseling - 1 hr.
- ENC 630 Diagnosis and Treatment of Mental Disorders - 2 hrs.
- ENC 530 Loss and Grief Counseling - 1 hr.
- ENC 631 Crisis Intervention Counseling - 1 hr.
- ENC 640 Clinical Supervision in Counseling - 2 hrs.
A counseling faculty member will tailor coursework around your needs after reviewing your transcript.Gainful Employment Disclosure