Master of Arts in Nonprofit Leadership
The 36-hour nonprofit leadership master’s degree prepares you to be an innovative leader in the growing world of nonprofit organizations. The program strengthens your skills by emphasizing leadership instead of management.
Preparing You For Success
You learn how to guide and grow organizations through coursework that focuses on strategic planning, financial leadership, personnel development, fundraising and grant writing. Classes are scheduled in evenings so you can complete the degree while working full-time. If you work full-time for a nonprofit organization, you may be eligible for a 50 percent tuition reduction. You can finish in two years, though you’re allowed five years for completion.
Your experiences include:
- A 150-hour internship with a mentor
- Elective courses you can tailor to your career interests
- Networking opportunities with local nonprofit leaders
Making Your Mark
The degree opens the door to careers in the diverse nonprofit sector. You’re equipped to lead community and social service agencies, colleges and universities, health care facilities, faith-based organizations, charities and philanthropic foundations.
The program's talented alumni speak about the value their Master's degree brought to their professional careers.
Graduate Program Requirements
College Core Required Courses - 9 hrs.
- ENC 604 Research Methodology and Applications - 3 hrs.
- ENC 605 Legal and Social Change - 3 hrs.
- ENC 606 Interpersonal Behavior and Organizational Leadership - 3 hrs.
Departmental Required Courses - 21 hrs.
- ENC 580 Financial Leadership in Nonprofit Leadership - 3 hrs.
- ENC 582 Grant Writing in Nonprofit Leadership - 3 hrs.
- ENC 583 Supervision and Employee Engagement in Nonprofit Leadership - 3 hrs.
- ENC 610 Survey in Nonprofit Leadership - 3 hrs.
- ENC 612 Institutional Planning and Evaluation - 3 hrs.
- ENC 673 Leadership Perspectives - 3 hrs.
- ENC 686 Field Experience in Administration - 3-6 hrs.
Suggested Elective Courses - 6 hrs.
- ENC 540 Human Growth and Development - 3 hrs.
- ENC 550 Independent Study - 1-6 hrs.
- ENC 551 Substance Abuse Counseling - 2 hrs.
- ENC 581 Topics in Nonprofit Leadership 1-3 hrs.
- ENC 586 Counseling Diverse Populations - 3 hrs.
- ENC 620 Introduction to Counseling: Professional Orientation - 2 hrs.
- ENC 651 Clinical Mental Health Counseling - 3 hrs.
- ENC 662 Community Relations - 1 hr.
- ENC 681 Seminar in Educational Administration - 1-6 hrs.
- ENC 682 Seminar in Nonprofit Leadership - 1-6 hrs.
- ENC 699 Thesis - 0-6 hrs.
- MLS 633 Issues in Higher Education - 3 hrs.