The German minor introduces you to German language, culture and literature. Courses give you practice speaking and writing the language, with other work focusing on history and culture. Beyond the classroom, you can participate in conversation tables on campus and the Global Scholars program or travel abroad through short-term and semester long study abroad options. The minor is open to all students and is often paired with majors such as business, engineering, history, health science, international studies and other world languages.
Elective Courses (choose six) - 18 hrs.
- WLG 202: Intermediate German 2 - 3 hrs.
- WLG 303: Composition - 3 hrs.
- WLG 304: Conversation - 3 hrs.
- WLG 306: Composition and Conversation - 3 hrs.
- WLG 315: Introduction to German Literature - 3 hrs.
- WLG 316: Topics in German Language and Literature - 3 hrs.
- WLG 321: Survey of German Culture and Civilization - 3 hrs.
- WLG 334: Commercial German - 3 hrs.
- WLG 492: Practicum in German - 1-3 hrs.
- WLG 495: Independent Study - 1-3 hrs.