Coronavirus Information:
Bradley University will continue on-campus, in-person classes for the spring 2021 semester with limited restrictions.

Application Information

Applicants must hold a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university or the international equivalent, prior to beginning graduate study. See Admission Information for more information.

The Graduate School application requirements are listed below. Individual programs may require additional application materials and may have more selective admission requirements than those of the Graduate School; please refer to the Programs section of the Graduate Catalog for these requirements. Applicants must submit all documents to:

Office of Admission
Bradley University
1501 W. Bradley Ave.
Peoria, IL 61625

Documents submitted by mail cannot be returned to the applicant.

SEVIS Transfer Process for F and J Students

Transfer students must apply for admission to the Graduate School following normal procedures. Once you have been admitted to the Graduate School, it is necessary to complete additional steps in order to have your SEVIS record transferred to Bradley University:

  1. Inform the International Student Advisor (or Designated School Official) at the institution you are currently attending of your intention to transfer to Bradley University and complete any transfer out forms (if applicable). Notify us once your record has been transferred in SEVIS.
  2. Provide the Graduate School at Bradley University with the following items:
    • Your current US address, phone number and email address
    • A copy of your current SEVIS I-20 or DS-2019
    • A copy of your passport identification, visa page and I-94
  3. Complete all other requirements for a new I-20, including financial documentation.

At this time, you will receive a "Transfer Pending" I-20 or DS-2019. After you have reported in person to the Graduate School at Bradley and registered for classes, the transfer process will be finalized and you will receive a new "Transfer Complete" I-20 or DS-2019. If you have questions about the transfer process, contact your current International Advisor or the Bradley Graduate School at (309) 677-2375.

Passport ID pages

Financial Certification (F-1 and J-1 students only)

International applicants intending to enter the United States on an F-1 (student) or J-1 (exchange visitor) visa are required to document the availability of funds to support their education and living costs for the extent of their program (two years). Fees and expenses are subject to change without notice. All proof of funds must be dated within 6 months of application in order to issue immigration documents. Required documentation includes:

  • For F-1 students: The Graduate School's F-1 International Student Affidavit of Support completed filled out depending on your funding. Please include required documentation attached (see form for details).
  • For J-1 students: Proof of funding for the entire length of your program. Email for the appropriate amount and forms.
Apply Now

Admission Requirements

For F-1 transfer students, please note the section below for additional requirements.

Application Fee

A non-refundable application fee of $50 may be paid by credit card while applying online. Applications will not be processed until the fee has been received.

Admission Essays

Applicants must provide a short admission essay on each of the following topics:

  • Explain achievements and work experience that you consider relevant to your interest in and capacity for graduate study.
  • Briefly state your career objectives and how the graduate program you have selected will assist you in attaining these goals.

Letters of Recommendation

Two letters of recommendation should be sent electronically to the Graduate School directly from individuals who can comment on the applicant's potential for success in a graduate program. Some programs require additional or specific letters of recommendation. Please refer to the Graduate Catalog for specific requirements. The requests for letters of recommendation are sent electronically when you complete the online application.


The resume is not required by all programs, however it is very helpful in making admissions decisions and financial aid awards. A resume is required for students applying for assistantships and is recommended for all applicants.

Standardized Test Scores (GRE, GMAT or MAT)

Applicants must have official test scores sent directly to the Graduate School by the testing agency. Please check the Graduate Catalog to determine which test is required by the program you wish to pursue. Bradley's institutional code for score reporting is 1070.

Transcripts, Marksheets and Proof of Degree

Official transcripts, sent directly from all post-secondary institutions attended, are required.

In the United States, a transcript is the name given to the official university report that lists the subjects, grades, dates of attendance and other information reflecting a student's academic performance in a specific university. In the US, a transcript is considered official only when it has been prepared by the registrar's office and submitted in a sealed envelope to another given office.

One set of official copies of transcripts, academic records, or university mark sheets should be sent directly from the academic institution (normally the registrar's office) to the Graduate School at Bradley University. Transcripts should reflect subjects and examination results on a year-by-year or semester-by-semester basis. Transcripts in a language other than English must be accompanied by an official translation. An explanation of the grading system should be included, if not noted on the document. A rank in class, or a student's position in relation to other students, is helpful. Certification of the degree and the date the degree was awarded is required as a separate document, unless this information is indicated on the "transcript" itself.

Applicants from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh or any country using statements of marks, memorandum of marks, mark sheets, etc., are required to submit official (attested) copies of their annual and semester mark sheets from every examination session for all subjects passed, failed and repeated. These documents must be provided by the university registrar's office and mailed directly to the Graduate School. Consolidated mark sheets are not accepted. Transcripts prepared by the college or institute where the study has been completed are not accepted in place of university mark sheets. On a temporary basis we will accept university mark sheets that have been attested by the college or institute, if they are stamped, signed and submitted in a sealed, official envelope and prepared by an authorized official of the institute.

Applicants from China are required to submit official transcripts, graduation diploma, and degree certificate in Chinese with official, literal translations in English.

Please note:  your transcript, degree certificate and graduation diploma must be verified by the China Academic Degrees and Graduate Education Development Center (CDGDC).

China Academic Degree and Graduate Education Development Center
18th Floor, Tongfang Keji Building B
No. 1, Wangzhuang Road
Haidian District, Beijing 100083
Tel: 86-10-82379480
Fax: 86-10-82379491

English Language Proficiency (all non-U.S. citizens or Permanent Residents)

Applicants who are not U.S. citizens or Permanent Residents are required to provide proof of English language proficiency as demonstrated by a score of 79 iBT on the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), an overall band score of 6.5 on the academic IELTS (International English Language Testing System), or a score of 58 on the PTE (Pearson Test of English) Academic. Bradley's institutional code for score reporting is 1070. All scores should be sent directly to Bradley University.

Note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, an at-home version of the TOEFL and IELTS (Indicator) tests are currently offered in most parts of the world. In addition, the Graduate School is temporarily accepting the E3PT (English3 Proficiency Test) with a minimum score of 68. The E3PT can be taken from home on either a PC or a Mac.

Applicants who are eligible for a waiver of English language proficiency must meet one of the following requirements:

  • Citizenship of one of the following countries--copy of current unexpired passport as proof:
    • Antigua and Barbuda
    • Australia
    • Bahamas
    • Barbados
    • Bermuda
    • Canada (not including Quebec)
    • Cayman Islands
    • Dominica
    • Grenada
    • Guam
    • Ireland
    • Jamaica
    • New Zealand
    • Saint Kitts and Nevis
    • Saint Lucia
    • Trinidad and Tobago
    • United Kingdom
    • Virgin Islands
  • 2 years or more of study at the secondary or tertiary level in the U.S. or one of the countries listed above within the last 4 years — transcript from institution as proof
  • 2 years or more of continuous full-time work experience in the U.S. within the last 4 years — a current resume and an employment letter on company letterhead stating the dates of employment as proof