Food and Drink Policy
The Cullom-Davis Library aims to provide not only resources but also a place for students and faculty of Bradley University to do research and study. We acknowledge that lengthy periods of study or research are exhausting and that nutrition and refreshments are both necessary and help ease exhaustion. This statement outlines the policy on food and drink in the library. It establishes guidelines for students, faculty, staff, and the general public to ensure that both the collections and equipment are protected from damage.
There is absolutely no food and/or drink allowed in any area near library computers and none in Special Collections. If food and/or drink is discovered in those areas, you will be asked to remove it. Drinks are allowed elsewhere in the library as long as they are in a closed container. Drinks and light snacks (such as those found in the library vending machines; e.g. chips, cookies, candies, etc.) may be consumed on the Main (first) Floor, the second floor and the Lower Level. Other types of food, i.e. sandwiches or salads, are limited to the first and second floors. To remain in compliance with the University's "Comprehensive Alcohol Action Plan" NO alcoholic beverages are allowed in the library.
- No food and/or drink near library computers
- No food and/or drink in the Special Collections Center
- Where drinks are allowed, they must be in a closed container
- Drinks and light snacks (such as those found in the library vending machines; e.g. chips, cookies, candies, etc.) may be consumed on the main (first) floor, the second floor, and the Lower Level.
- Food, such as sandwiches, salads, etc., are limited to the Main (first) and Second Floors
- Study Rooms are governed by the guidelines for the floor they are on: i.e., food only on first and second floors; snacks on other floors; drinks in covered containers on all floors, but not in Special Collections
- Personal food deliveries may only be transacted in front of the library or in the main entryway
- If you spill a beverage or have a food-related accident, it is your responsibility to clean it up and/or tell a staff member of the spillage, etc.
- Catered food deliveries may be scheduled for large group meetings only and must have advanced approval of the Library Director
- No tobacco use (e.g. smoking, vaping, chewing, etc.) in the building
- No alcoholic beverages