Entrepreneur Mentor Network
Many accomplished entrepreneurs owe part of their success to a mentor who helped them along the way. Mentors are there to answer questions when those answers seem distant, provide needed pushes, and reveal new paths to solutions.
The Bradley Entrepreneur Mentor Network, offered through the Turner School of Entrepreneurship and Innovation, provides seasoned professionals and entrepreneurs to enhance the entrepreneurial capabilities of students and alumni. Mentors in this program volunteer their time to listen to the ideas of budding entrepreneurs, utilizing their experience to assist them along their entrepreneurial journey. Due to the convenience of electronic communications, mentors can reside anywhere, not just near the University.
Students of all majors, from any college, as well as Bradley alums can obtain an entrepreneurial mentor.
Why Should I Have a Mentor?
- Secure a trusted confidant with which to share your entrepreneurial plans.
- Get answers to specific questions that will help launch the business (or social) entrepreneurial endeavor.
- Obtain supportive, honest and constructive feedback and encouragement.
- Learn from the work and life experiences of an expert in their field.
- Enhance networking opportunities with professionals in chosen fields.
- Mentors will have knowledge in specific industries and areas of expertise, so the quality and relevance of the advice will be excellent.
Why Become a Mentor?
- Being a mentor provides you with a sense of personal satisfaction by making a difference in an entrepreneurs’ growth and development.
- As a mentor, you are able to relive important business decisions and look back at your experiences with a different perspective.
- Mentoring provides an opportunity to “give back” to your university, profession, or industry.
- By mentoring, you are honoring everyone that has ever helped you in your life or career.
How Do Students Sign Up?
To participate in the program, interested students and alums need to:
- Complete a short biography about themselves (500 word maximum) explaining their background.
- Create a video (1-minute maximum) explaining their entrepreneurial intentions and the type of expertise or assistance they need.
- Submit a professional grade photo.
- Complete the “Application” by clicking on the “Mentee Application” button above.
- Email the biography, video, photo, and completed Application to Ken Klotz, Managing Director, Turner School of Entrepreneurship and Innovation, email@example.com or (309) 677-3882.
The biography, video and photo will be posted on a webpage (www.bradley.edu/mentors) specifically designed to house profiles of mentor and mentee participants. On this website you will be able to read mentor biographies to help you select a mentor. If a particular mentor seems to fit your needs, you can contact the Managing Director to suggest a match be made.
How Do Mentors Sign Up?
- Complete a short biography (500 word maximum), and email it along with a professional photo, to Ken Klotz, Managing Director, Turner School of Entrepreneurship and Innovation, firstname.lastname@example.org or (309) 677-3882.
- Complete an “Application & Skill Profile”, which is used to match mentees to the appropriate mentor. To access the Profile, click the “Mentor Profile” button above.
The biography and photo will be posted on a webpage (www.bradley.edu/mentors) specifically designed to house profiles of mentor and mentee participants. On this website you will be able to read mentee biographies and view short videos where they describe the type of assistance needed. If a particular individual seems to fit your expertise, you can contact the Managing Director to suggest a match be made.