Miscellaneous University Regulations


This is the all-University policy regarding absences. Consult the policy of your own college or department for further details. Every student is expected to attend all classes regularly. Each student is responsible for all work contained in the course, even in case of absences caused by circumstances beyond the control of the student. In case of absence, provision for make-up work, insofar as make-up work is possible, may be made by the instructor if acceptable reason for the absence is presented. The grade in any given course will therefore ordinarily depend upon the amount and quality of the work done in the course. Absence will affect the grade insofar as the quality of work is affected. Reasons for absences are presented to the instructor by the student.

Change of College or Curriculum

Changes of a student’s major must be initiated with the academic advisor in the student’s current major field. A list of these advisors is found in the front of the Schedule of Classes. After the form has been completed by the academic advisor, the student should take the form to the dean of the college in which the student was registered for the dean’s signature. The student obtains the signature of the advisor in the new major field, and then takes the form to the dean of the college to which the student is transferring and leaves the form with the new dean. If the change does not involve a change of college (merely a change of curriculum within the same college) the dean of that college will retain and process the form.

Change of Address

Students should report promptly to the Registrar’s Office in Swords Hall any change of address whether this change involves the student’s campus address, permanent mailing address, or parents’ address. All addresses for students not in residence halls can be changed online at http://webster.bradley.edu.

Transcript of Credits

A transcript of credits is an authentic copy or printout of the student’s academic record. No partial transcripts will be issued. Transcripts are released only on written request of the individual concerned. This order must be placed in person or by mail to the Registrar’s Office. No phone orders can be accepted. Bradley University has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide transcript ordering at bradley.edu/registrar/transcripts. A fee of $7.00 for each copy ordered is payable in advance for transcripts. No student who is indebted to the University in any way will be issued a transcript until the debt is cleared by the office concerned. Bradley University does not issue nor certify copies of transcripts from other institutions.

Financial Obligation of the Student

No report of grades is sent for the student whose financial account with the University has not been settled in full, nor will the grades be available on the Web. Likewise no diploma, professional certificate, transcript of credit, or other information concerning academic record is given until the student’s account has been cleared.

Student Consumer Information

Federal regulations require universities to make student consumer information available to prospective and current students concerning: financial assistance information; institutional programs and policies; graduation rates; safety programs, policies, and crime statistics; athletic program participation rates and financial support data; and rights under Family Education Rights and Privacy Act. This information may be obtained by requesting the Student-Right-to-Know and Campus Security Act Compliance Report from Bradley University’s Office of University Relations at (309) 677-3164. Safety information and crime statistics are available online at bradley.edu/police/

This Catalog represents the University’s best effort to communicate information on academic programs, policies, rules, and regulations that were in effect at the time of its publication. Students should be aware that the University reserves the right to modify these programs, policies, rules, and regulations at any time within a student’s term of residence. The University’s policy is to provide notice of any such modifications sufficiently in advance of their implementation to ensure adjustments without undue inconvenience. Before pre-registering for any academic term, students should contact the administrative office of their academic department or college to verify the most current information.

This is the official catalog for the 2010-2011 academic year. This catalog serves as a contract between a student and Bradley University. Should changes in a program of study become necessary prior to the next academic year every effort will be made to keep students advised of any such changes via the Dean of the College or Chair of the Department concerned, the Registrar's Office, u.Achieve degree audit system, and the Schedule of Classes. It is the responsibility of each student to be aware of the current program and graduation requirements for particular degree programs.