International Students

International students are those who are not citizens or permanent residents of the United States and who intend to enter Bradley University to pursue a full-time course of study.

All applicants whose native language is not English are required to submit the results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). TOEFL is administered throughout the world at many locations several times a year. Further information can be obtained by consulting the nearest U.S. embassy, consulate, U.S. Information Agency, or by writing directly to the Educational Testing Service (TOEFL), Box 899, Princeton, New Jersey 08540, U.S.A. (A minimum TOEFL score of 550 paper based, 213 computer based, or 79 internet based is recommended for application review.) TOEFL is not required of students attending International or American schools abroad; the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) or American College Test (ACT) is required in place of TOEFL. Another means of satisfying English proficiency is the ELS Language Centers Intensive English Programs (level 112 required). You can reach ELS at 5761 Buckingham Pkwy., Culver City, CA 90230 USA.

In the United States, educational records are called “transcripts.” A “transcript” is an official document issued by an educational institution which states all subjects studied, grades or marks received (including failures), the “credit” received, and the grading scale used (including the lowest passing mark). The length of time in the classroom, the number of classes per week for each subject, and an explanation of the educational system should be included.

All applicants must submit educational records (official transcripts, country examinations, diplomas and certificates) which have been certified by an officer of the educational institution issuing the documents or by a U.S. or local government official. Secondary school records should represent the last four years of study. Any document submitted in a language other than English must be accompanied by an official certified English translation. All U.S. and Canadian documents must come directly from the principal or registrar to Bradley. All university-level records must come to Bradley directly from the institution attended. All university-level study will be evaluated for possible transfer credit. Accurate evaluation cannot be made without a syllabus, catalog, or course descriptions. Consequently, all transfer students must submit their foreign catalog (providing program and course descriptions) in English or in an official English translation. Students of international or American schools abroad should also provide SAT or ACT scores.

A Financial Certification Form must be submitted along with the application to confirm that all college, personal, and travel expenses are covered for each year at the University. Bank statements and/or scholarship award letters are also required for verification.

A current official transcript or letter of good standing is required for all students and should be sent directly from the Registrar’s office. Visiting international students on a student visa must provide a copy of their current I-20, a letter, sent directly from their admitting institution, indicating that they are admitted to that school full time, are in good standing, and have permission to take classes at Bradley University. This letter may be sent directly from the admitting institution’s Registrar or Designated School Official (DSO) for the Immigration and Naturalization Service.

This is the official catalog for the 2013-2014 academic year. This catalog serves as a contract between a student and Bradley University. Should changes in a program of study become necessary prior to the next academic year every effort will be made to keep students advised of any such changes via the Dean of the College or Chair of the Department concerned, the Registrar's Office, u.Achieve degree audit system, and the Schedule of Classes. It is the responsibility of each student to be aware of the current program and graduation requirements for particular degree programs.