Transfer Admission

Each year, transfer students compose a significant proportion of the new student population at Bradley. The diversity of social and academic backgrounds that transfer students bring adds much to campus life. Accordingly, Bradley actively seeks to enroll transfer students from all areas of the United States and many foreign countries and strives to provide an atmosphere that is both challenging and rewarding. Applications to transfer to Bradley should be completed no less than 30 days in advance of the start of the semester for which one is applying. It is strongly recommended that transfer students apply several months prior to the beginning of the semester.

Official transcripts of all college work attempted are required prior to admission to Bradley. Official transcripts of credit must be requested by the student and received by the Office of Admissions directly from the institution at which the credit was earned. Transfer students having successfully completed 24 or more semester hours at an accredited institution need not supply a copy of their high school transcript unless requested by the Admissions Office. Students having completed less than 24 semester hours must submit ACT or SAT scores and a high school transcript. Transfer applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 to be considered for admission.

Dean’s Recommendation Form

New transfer students are also required to submit a Dean’s Recommendation Form to be completed by college/university personnel from the most recent institution of attendance verifying continued good standing in conduct and judicial matters.

Level of Transfer Credit

Transfer credit shall be accepted on the same level at which the work was offered at the source institution. Junior-senior level credit will not be granted for courses taken at the freshman-sophomore level.

Acceptance of Transfer Credit

Credit from collegiate institutions which are accredited by one of the regional accrediting associations, such as the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, will be considered for acceptance at Bradley University. Bradley University also participates in the Illinois Articulation Initiative. Credit may also be accepted in specific professional courses from certain institutions which are not regionally accredited, but whose curricula are accredited by professional accrediting bodies recognized by the Council on Post Secondary Education. Credits from other institutions, including foreign universities, will be evaluated for possible transfer on a case-by-case basis.

Acceptance of transfer credit will be based on compatibility of the transfer work with the nature, content and level of work offered at Bradley. Application of transfer credit to satisfy specific college graduation requirements shall be determined by the dean of the college in which the student is majoring. In the event that a student changes majors while at Bradley, a new evaluation of the transferred credit will be completed by the department. Transfer credit which meets the general education requirements at the source institution may be applied to the general education requirements at Bradley. A maximum of 66 semester hours of credit will be accepted from accredited two-year colleges. Unlimited credit may be accepted from four-year institutions.

Transfer students from colleges and universities offering the baccalaureate degree must successfully complete a minimum of thirty semester hours in residence at Bradley to satisfy degree requirements.

Student Health Form Requirement

For the benefit and protection of each Bradley student and to comply with state law, it is required that a student health form be filed with Health Services prior to the time the student begins at the University. This form is sent to each admitted student. If a form is not received, a copy may be obtained at Health Services in the Markin Center or the Admissions Office in the Visitors Center.

All students are required to have a student health form on file at Health Services before registering. To avoid penalties and delays in registration, return the form and then verify through Health Services that it has been received and is complete.

Academic Dismissal

Students dismissed for academic or non-academic reasons from their last previous institution attended must wait at least one regular academic semester after their dismissal before applying for admission to Bradley. It is strongly recommended that such students take academic course work elsewhere in the interim to raise their cumulative average to at least a C.


This is the official catalog for the 2014-2015 academic year. This catalog serves as a contract between a student and Bradley University. Should changes in a program of study become necessary prior to the next academic year every effort will be made to keep students advised of any such changes via the Dean of the College or Chair of the Department concerned, the Registrar's Office, u.Achieve degree audit system, and the Schedule of Classes. It is the responsibility of each student to be aware of the current program and graduation requirements for particular degree programs.