The minor in leadership studies is designed to provide students the information, experience, and opportunities necessary to gain an in-depth knowledge of leadership theory and practice. Courses in the program integrate students' leadership experiences on campus and in the community.
When adding the leadership studies minor, students must also complete a leadership studies minor program plan, which is available in the College of Education and Health Sciences Dean's Office.
A minimum of 18 semester hours is required for the minor: 12 hours of required courses and six hours of electives. Students must achieve a minimum GPA of 2.0 in all courses. The requirements for the minor are outlined below.
Required Courses (12 hours)
- ENC 200 Introduction to Leadership Studies - 3 hrs.
- ENC 300 Advanced Leadership Studies - 3 hrs.
- ENC 486 Leadership Practicum - 3 hrs.
- Three hours from: ENC 380 Independent Study and/or ENC 381 Seminar in Leadership - 3 hrs.
Elective Courses (6 hours)
- M L 250 Interpersonal Effectiveness in Organizations - 2 hrs.
- M L 350 Managing for Results in Organizations - 2 hrs.
- M L 357 Leadership & Interpersonal Behavior - 3 hrs.
- ENC 370 Human Relations Development - 2 hrs.
- ENC 375 Human Relations Laboratory - 1 hr.
- PHL 347 Ethics - 3 hrs.
- PLS 202 State & Local Government - 3 hrs.
- PLS 419 Introduction to Public Administration - 3 hrs.
- PLS 420 Public Personnel Management - 3 hrs.
- SOC 313 Race, Ethnicity, and Power - 3 hrs.
Total Hours: 18