International Students

Draft Version
This is a DRAFT catalog for review and advising purposes. Items in this catalog draft are subject to change until the catalog for 2022-2023 academic year will be officially published on August 17th, 2022. The statements set forth in this catalog are for informational purposes only and should not be construed as the basis of a contract between a student and this institution. Should changes in a program of study become necessary, those changes will be applied liberally by the institution while the catalog is in draft mode.

International Students

International students are those intend to attend Bradley University while on an approved visa status.

Admission Requirements

Admission is based on a review of each student’s total academic and extracurricular record. Care is taken to ascertain that an applicant's goals and aspirations are consistent with their academic abilities. International students should follow all instructions for first-year or transfer student admission as listed. In addition, all international applicants are required to submit proof of English language proficiency. Approved test scores and possibilities for a waiver can be found on the international admission website.

Other admission requirements:

High school transcripts

In the United States, educational records are called “transcripts.” A “transcript” is an official document issued by an educational institution which states all subjects studied, grades or marks received (including failures), the “credit” received, and the grading scale used (including the lowest passing mark). The length of time in the classroom, the number of classes per week for each subject, and an explanation of the educational system should be included.

Official Academic Records

All applicants must submit educational records (official transcripts, country examinations, diplomas and certificates) which have been certified by an officer of the educational institution issuing the documents or by a U.S. or local government official. Secondary school records should represent the last four years of study. Any document submitted in a language other than English must be accompanied by an official certified English translation. All U.S. and Canadian documents must come directly from the principal or registrar to Bradley University. All university-level records must come to Bradley University directly from the institution attended. All university-level study will be evaluated for possible transfer credit. Accurate evaluation cannot be made without a syllabus, catalog, or course descriptions. Consequently, all transfer students must submit their foreign catalog (providing program and course descriptions) in English or in an official English translation. Students of international or American schools abroad should also provide SAT or ACT scores.

Student Visa

Students wishing to attend Bradley on a F-1 student visa will need to submit the Bradley University Affidavit of Support to confirm that all college, personal, and travel expenses are covered while attending Bradley. Once a student’s proof of financial support has been received, his or her immigration form I-20 will be processed and instructions on how to apply for an F-1 visa will be provided.

Students who are within the U.S. on a current F-1 visa wishing to transfer to Bradley must request a SEVIS transfer from their current institution.