Application Checklist

All students who would like to apply for undergraduate admission to Bradley University must:

___  submit a Bradley application for admission and a $50.00 (U.S.) application fee

___  provide academic records of all high school and university work

 ___ provide proof of English proficiency (see note below)

___ submit a 500 word autobiography or personal statement

___ provide proof that you have sufficient resources to cover your expenses 

  1. APPLICATION FEE – All international applicants are required to submit a $50.00 (U.S.) nonrefundable application fee, along with the application for admission. This is a processing fee and may not be waived, deferred or applied toward tuition or other charges. Payment may be made by check, bank draft or money order payable to Bradley University. Always keep the receipt from your bank draft or money order, or your canceled check, in case you need to verify that your payment has been made. Mail your application fee to: Admissions Office, Bradley University, 1501 West Bradley Avenue, Peoria, IL 61625.  
  2. EDUCATIONAL RECORDS - Submit educational records for all secondary and postsecondary study.  These records must be certified by an officer of the educational institution issuing the documents or by a local government official. Secondary school records should represent four years of study. Any documents submitted in a language other than English must be accompanied by an official certified English translation.

    All U.S. and Canadian documents must come directly from the principal or registrar to us. University transcripts must come directly from the institution to our office, as well.

    University level study will be evaluated for possible transfer credit. Accurate evaluation cannot be made without a class syllabus, catalog, or course description. Consequently, all transfer students should submit their foreign catalog (or excerpt) providing program and course descriptions with an English translation. Final evaluation will be completed after you enroll at Bradley.
  3. PROOF OF ENGLISH PROFICIENCY – Students whose native language is not English are required to submit proof of English proficiency by submitting a TOEFL or IELTS exam or taking the SAT.   All freshmen who would like to be considered for academic scholarships should submit an SAT. 
  4. - TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) A score of 550 (paper-based test), 213 (computer-based test), or 79 (Internet-based test) is recommended for most majors. You should request that TOEFL forward your scores to Bradley by using ETS code #1070.  (Further information can be obtained by consulting the nearest U.S. Embassy, Consulate, U.S. Information Agency, or by writing directly to the: Educational Testing Service (TOEFL) • P. O. Box 6151 • Princeton, New Jersey 08540-6151 • U.S.A. Telephone: (609) 771-7100 • Web Site:


    - IELTS (International English Language Test System) A minimum score of 6.5 is required. You should request that your IELTS results be sent directly to Bradley. (For further information or to obtain lists of IELTS centers go to:
  6. You must provide information on your source(s) of funding to cover your expenses for the entire length of time you plan to study at Bradley University. You also must submit evidence (bank statement or official notice of funds) that you have the ability to cover the yearly cost of Bradley’s tuition and living costs of approximately $39,000 (less any academic scholarship you qualify for)

    We request this information in compliance with regulations set forth by the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service. The documentation of your financial resources which we are requesting is frequently required by Consulate officials before a visa is issued. We recommend that you keep copies of all financial documents.

    Bradley University does not provide need based financial assistance for international students. Freshmen who submit ACT or SAT scores may qualify for limited merit based scholarships. Transfer students entering from American universities or American community colleges may be eligible for transfer scholarships based on their cumulative GPA.

Additional Information

Form I-20

The Certificate of Eligibility (FORM I-20) is the immigration document issued to foreign nationals by U.S. universities and colleges in order to obtain a student visa. The Form I-20 will be forwarded to you along with your letter of admission.

Application Deadlines

Completed applications including all supporting documents should be submitted and received by the following dates:

  • Fall semester deadline – Freshmen: March 15
  • Transfers: May 15
  • Spring semester deadline – October 15 (transfers only)

Applications and supporting materials can only be deferred for one semester. Should you desire a deferment, please contact