Obtaining a Student Visa

Once you have decided to attend Bradley you will need to use your I-20 to obtain an F-1 Student Visa.

You will need to set up an appointment with the nearest American Embassy/Consulate to apply for a student visa. Before you arrange for your visa appointment you will need to pay your SEVIS Fee. To get information about the process follow Step 2 and Step 3 at http://www.ice.gov/sevis/students/. When you go for your appointment make sure you have the following documents with you:

  • Your SEVIS I-20
  • Admissions letter
  • Passport (must be valid for at least 6 months)
  • Financial support documents

You should also check to see if an exit Permit and/or a Health Clearance Certificate is required by your country.

You can find more information about obtaining your student visa at the Education USA website.

NOTE: By law, you must attend the university whose I-20 you use to obtain an F-1 Student Visa and present at the border for entry into the United States.

You will be considered out of status and required to submit an application for reinstatement to status with the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) if you initially attend a different school than the school, which issued the I-20, used for entry to the U.S.