Header04.jpg

About Us

The National Pan-Hellenic Council, Incorporated (NPHC) is currently composed of nine historically African-American Greek letter sororities and fraternities. On May 10, 1930, on the campus of Howard University, in Washington DC, the National Pan-Hellenic Council was formed as a permanent organization with the following charter members: Omega Psi Phi and Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternities, and Alpha Kappa Alpha, Delta Sigma Theta and Zeta Phi Beta Sororities. In 1931, Alpha Phi Alpha and Phi Beta Sigma Fraternities joined the Council. Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority joined in 1937 and Iota Phi Theta Fraternity completed the list of member organizations in 1997.

NPHC promotes interaction through forums, meetings, and other mediums for the exchange of information and engages in cooperative programming of community services and campus activities.

Currently, Bradley University hosts four member chapters of NPHC.