Residence Hall Agreement

* If you are a new student, login into yourBradley account to make a housing request. Go>

*If you are a returning student, housing requests can be made in March.

*Below is the residence hall agreement. Students sign (electronically) this agreement when they sign up for housing for the academic year. All residence hall agreements are for the ENTIRE academic year. Bradley University maintains and enforces a live-on residency requirement for first and second year students.

Residence Requirements

All full-time first and second-year students must live in the residence halls, except those second-year students who reside in sorority or fraternity houses. The only exceptions include: veterans; those who are 21 years of age by September 1 of the current academic year; those who live with nearby immediate relatives (sister or brother who are non-Bradley students, aunt, uncle, parents, grandparents) within a 40 mile radius of the campus; or cases involving documented medical reasons that accommodations cannot be made for within the residence halls.

Students with alcohol violations are subject to the following housing regulations:

  • Students who are suspended from the University due to receiving three alcohol related violations will be required to live in the residence halls for a semester or year after their return.
  • Additionally, any student who requests an appeal of the two-year on campus residence requirement may not have received two alcohol related MOVNs, alcohol related residence hall referrals, and/or
  • An adverse decision of the Student Judicial System on this issue within their first year. Students may appeal this policy decision to the Student Leader Board.
  • Students who receive two alcohol related MOVNs, alcohol related residence hall referrals, and/or by decision of the Student Judicial System within their first year will not be released to live in their respective sorority or fraternity house their second year. Additionally, first year students who receive one of the above mentioned violations will not be allowed to fill any vacancies in a sorority or fraternity house at the end of the fall semester of their first year. Appeals of this requirement can be made to the Student Leader Panel.

A student who is REQUIRED to live in the residence halls and ENROLLS at Bradley University will be CHARGED FOR ROOM AND BOARD for that semester/academic year. Requests for exceptions to these rules should be sent to the Center for Residential Living & Leadership.

Part-time undergraduate and graduate students may live in the residence halls.

Co-Ed Housing: As is appropriate, the Center for Residential Living and Leadership will make decisions on the use of residence halls and their floors by gender. There will be no residence hall assignments or Student Apartment Complex leases made where members of the opposite gender will be assigned to live together in the same room.

Housing Agreement

In order to reserve space in a Residence Hall, students will submit a Residence Hall Request. The Request will be available to Freshmen and Transfer Students by the Admissions Office after the Advance Enrollment Fee is paid. Next, the Request form will be available on the individual admissions website for the student. The Agreement and the $100 housing deposit should be submitted online. The deposit serves as a room reservation and damage deposit.

This Agreement is binding for the ENTIRE ACADEMIC SCHOOL YEAR AND INCLUDES ROOM AND BOARD CHARGES FOR BOTH SEMESTERS. Students who enter the Residence Halls for the Spring semester are only subject to the terms for that semester.

The halls will be closed to all students during Thanksgiving Break, Semester Break, and Spring Break. The halls close for the summer on the day following the last final exam in May.


The $100 deposit, which each student has on file while living in a residence hall, may be used to cover any damage for which that student is deemed responsible.

There are some instances where all students on a floor will be charged for damage which has occurred to that floor because of group action and/or action not assignable to specific individuals when, in the University's judgment, the damage has been extensive.

If a student is assessed for damage that substantially reduces the deposit, reimbursement of the deposit to bring it back to the original amount may be required.



• Students who submit a Residence Hall Agreement for the fall term may cancel the agreement by June 1 (If you are an incoming student, you have until May 1st to cancel) and will be eligible for their deposit to be refunded.

• If a returning student does not cancel their agreement by June 1, and enrolls in the fall, they will be subject to the terms of the agreement, and the deposit will remain on file.

• Returning students who do not cancel the agreement by June 1, and who do not enroll for the Fall semester, will have their deposits forfeited.

• Returning students must register for classes by July 15 or they may have their fall housing assignment cancelled.

• If a student does not register for the second semester, they will not be held liable for the agreement, and the deposit will be refunded if the Housing Office is notified by the Monday preceding classes beginning for the second semester.


Shortly after you check into your residence hall room, you and your Resident Advisor will review your Room Condition Report. Be sure to make a THOROUGH EXAMINATION so that the completed Room Condition Report exactly reflects the condition of your room. The Room Condition Report will be used by a staff person to determine what damages, if any, have occurred during your stay. When you check out of your room, your room will be inspected for any assessable damage.

Students who will no longer be living in the residence hall after May will have their deposits returned in August, while those leaving in December will have their deposits returned in April.

Additional Terms

The agreement is terminated if an individual is no longer a student at Bradley University.

The University reserves the right of room assignment and of reassignment for the benefit of the individual student or group.

The University reserves the right to inspect Residence Rooms and to regulate the use of the premise in accordance with University rules and regulations, but consistent with the students constitutional right to be free of unreasonable search and seizure.

Student sleeping rooms may not be leased or subleased by another student.

Students may have guests stay in their rooms. The University reserves the right to limit the frequency of guest visits. Guests must observe all regulations of the residence hall system, and the host or hostess is responsible for any infractions or damage caused by their guest. Students planning to have guests should notify their Resident Advisor in case of an emergency.

Cooking in student rooms is prohibited.

In general, pets (including fish) are not allowed in the residence hall; any exceptions will be made by the Housing Office.

The University is not liable for the loss of or damage to residents' property while on the premises. The University encourages residents to contact their own insurance carriers for coverage.

You are issued a room key when you officially check into your residence hall. This key remains the property of the University and may not be loaned or duplicated. When you check out of your residence hall room, you must turn in your room key to your Residence Hall Advisor. If a student loses their room key, they will be required to pay for a complete core change.