Slane College of Communications and Fine Arts - Assistant Professor in Residence or Instructor in Residence, Music History and Piano (Non-Tenure-Track)
The NASM accredited Department of Music at Bradley University seeks a highly qualified individual to teach Music History and Piano. Teaching assignments will include Music History I, II, III, and IV and Applied Piano. Additionally, the ability to teach Aural Skills in the theory sequence is strongly desired. Other teaching may be assigned based on the candidate’s skill set. This is a full-time non-tenure-track position beginning August 25, 2021.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Teach courses as assigned, which includes the four-course sequence in Music History, and Applied Piano.
- Preference will be given to candidates who are qualified to teach Aural Skills.
- Maintain regular office hours at times reasonably convenient to students.
- Serve as an advisor and mentor to students.
- Engage in meaningful and useful service that promotes department, college and university strategic goals and priorities, commensurate to rank.
- Develop and maintain strong links with music alumni and professional organizations.
- An appropriate master’s degree is required for appointment at the rank of Instructor in Residence
- An appropriate terminal degree is required for appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor in Residence
- Outstanding classroom teaching skills
- Classroom teaching experience in a collegiate environment
- Superior musical and interpersonal skills
- The ability to teach Aural Skills in the theory sequence is strongly desired.
Electronic submission is required. To ensure full consideration, application material should be received by June 1, 2021. Review of applications will continue until position is filled.
Qualified candidates should email all application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org in digital PDF format, including:
- Letter of application addressing qualifications for the position
- Curriculum vitae
- Evidence of successful teaching. Such evidence should include course syllabi, teaching philosophy, and links to videos of teaching,
- Evidence of piano performance including links to audio and video sources
- Complete contact information, including email address, from five professional references
Send applications to:
Department of Music
Peoria, IL 61625
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Employment with Bradley University is contingent upon satisfactory criminal background check. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Bradley University is a top ranked, prestigious private university in Peoria, Illinois, nearly 6,000 undergraduate and graduate students the opportunities, choices and resources of a larger university and the personal attention and exceptional learning experience of a smaller university. Bradley offers a comprehensive array of undergraduate and grauate academic programs in business, communication, education, engineering, fine arts, health sciences, liberal arts and sciences, and technology. The Univerity is located on an 85-acre campus in Peoria, the largest metropolitan area in Central Illinois.
The Department of Music is one of five departments in the Slane College of Communications and Fine Arts. The department consists of 10 full-time faculty and staff, 18 part-time and 120 music majors and minors. Degrees offered by the Department of Music include: Bachelor of Science/Arts in Music, Bachelor of Science/Arts in Music Business, Bachelor of Science /Arts in Music Entertainment Industry, Bachelor of Music in Muisc Education, Bachelor of Music in Performance, and Bachelor of Music in Composition.
For additional information about the Slane College of Communication and Fine Arts and the Department of Music visit: www.bradley.edu/academic/colleges/cfa/ and www.bradley.edu/academic/departments/music/
Bradley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The administration, faculty and staff are committed to attracting qualified candidates from underrepresented groups.