New Employee Information

The purpose of this page is to provide new employees with information about essential services and resources. We wish all new employees the very best and welcome any suggestions for additional information to include on this page.

Getting started on campus:

FIRST STEPS (choose the appropriate employment type)

Full-time employees

All new full-time employees will attend Employee Orientation in the Human Resource Department, Sisson Hall Room 239, 309-677-3223. Employee Orientation for faculty and administrative staff will be scheduled by the department. Employee Orientation for hourly employees will be scheduled by the Human Resource Department.

Employees will complete paperwork including but not limited to:

  • Payroll Information including state and federal tax withholding forms and ACH direct deposit. Bring a voided check for direct deposit.
  • Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification for documenting eligibility to work in the United States (must bring acceptable documents - click here for list)
  • Benefits enrollment including:
    • Insurance Plans
    • Flexible spending plan
  • Retirement: TIAA-CREF retirement program   

Part-time and adjunct faculty members:

Visit the Payroll Department on the second floor of Sisson Hall between 8am-5pm M-F to complete payroll Information including state and federal tax forms and ACH direct deposit. Bring a voided check for direct deposit.

  • Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification for documenting eligibility to work in the United States (must bring acceptable documents - click here for list)

Part-time hourly employees:

Benefit eligible part-time hourly employees will be scheduled for Employee Orientation by the Human Resource Department. Employee Orientation is conducted in the Human Resource Department, Sisson Hall Room 239, 309-677-3223.

All part-time hourly employees will complete state and federal tax withholding forms, ACH direct deposit (bring a voided check for direct deposit), Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification for documenting eligibility to work in the United States (must bring acceptable documents - click here for list) and other forms as part of the hiring process through the Human Resource Department in Sisson Hall.

NEXT STEPS (all new employees unless noted otherwise)

NoteFollowing these steps in order will save you some "steps"

PARKING:  Parking Permit Tags are available online here. Review the Bradley Parking map (PDF).

ID CARD:  Get a Bradley Quick Card (University ID) in Swords Hall room 100. The Bradley Quick Card is used for door access, Quick Cash, parking deck access, and more. For more information, click here.

ACINQUIRE (faculty only): is an online system used for posting grades, viewing rosters, viewing seat availability, and more. Visit the Registrar's Office located in Swords Hall room 11 (lower level) to complete paperwork to gain access to this system and to sign the FERPA Agreement. Click here to go to Acinquire.

KEYS:  The departmental administrative support personnel order any keys needed for interior doors.  The keys are available for pick-up in in Macmillan Hall.

BUnetID:  At Bradley University, your BUnetID is your user name that uniquely identifies you to campus systems. Your BUnetID provides access to network resources such electronic mail, acinquire, library services, etc. The BUnetID is usually the first letter of the user's first name and last name (i.e. Jimmy Jones' BUnetID may be jjones).  For additional information click here

EMAIL:  A document referred to as an "EIA" (Electronic Identity Authentication) letter is printed to activate a new email account, and also to reset a forgotten password. To get started with Email immediately while on campus or to retrieve a forgotten password, visit to the HelpDesk on the main floor of the Cullom-Davis Library to get an EIA letter printed.

To access email, go to Use the assigned BUnetID and password to log into the email account. Additional information is located at:

PHONE SERVICE:  Your department secretary will typically set this up for you. If you have questions about using your phone or voicemail, or if your phone is not set up when you get here, please open a trouble ticket with the HelpDesk (first floor library walk-up or call x2964 from on campus) and someone will contact you. Click here to view the Voice Messaging Quick Guide.

COMPUTER ACCESS:  Departmental administrative support personnel are responsible for providing the appropriate personal computer technology. Please contact the HelpDesk at x2964 for assistance with computer setup if one is assigned to you. Departmental administrative support personnel may have already requested server access if applicable.

SAKAI (Learning Management System - faculty only):  All courses will automatically have a Sakai course created ( For assistance getting started email Learning Design and Technology is located in the Kaufman Building on Bradley Avenue.

FITNESS:  Faculty and staff can use the Markin Family Student Recreation Center for an annual fee of $120; cost is prorated on monthly basis if not purchased prior to January.  Payment can be made in Room 120 of the Markin Center or arranged through the Human Resource department with payroll deduction in December for the following calendar year. Passes are also available for immediate family members.  For more information, see: /campuslife/campusrec/facilities/markin/.

SAFETY: Please take the time to review the Emergency Information page for important information:


Bookstore Bookstore Web Site
Campus Computer Sales Campus Computer Sales Web Site Sisson Hall 105
Campus Phone Numbers All on-campus numbers are 309-677-XXXX. From on-campus phone, dial the last four numbers to call that extension.
Center for Teaching Excellence and Learning "CTEL" Kaufman Building
CTEL Website
Common Web Naming Format University Portal (note, there are links to the          following at top of screen) Technology HelpDesk
Escort Services Employees who are working late may contact the Campus Police  to request an escort to their car after dark (309) 677-2000.
Finding Things on Our Website A-Z Index: Find People in the "Directory", use the "Search" feature in the upper right-hand corner.
Food Service Campus Dish Web Site
Library Library Web Site
MyBU University Portal On the MyBU "MyInfo" is the Forewarn Emergency Text Messaging signup, Password Change app, electronic Pay Stubs, and more individualized content.  See
Packard Room Computer Lab Library Lower Level
Single Sign-on Single Sign-on allows employees to use one user name and one password for email, MyBU, BUsecure wireless access and signing on to computers registered to Bradley's domain.
Technology Guide The Technology Guide is designed to help with questions concerning Bradley's technology services and  instructional resources.
Technology HelpDesk HelpDesk Web Site Library First Floor
Test Scoring Jobst Hall Room 237 8am - 5pm M-F


Sisson Hall Human Resources
Room 239
Payroll Department
Room 207
Campus Computer Sales
Room 105
Michel Student Center Dining
Swords Hall Provost's Office
Room 205
Registrar's Office
Room 11
Cashier's Window & Parking
Room 100
Cullom-Davis Library Packard Computer Lab
Lower Level
IRT Technology HelpDesk
First Floor
Password reset and account activation help
Jobst Hall Test Scoring
Room 205 8am - 5pm M-F