Move In Day Parking Restrictions Announced
August 18, 2018 is the official Bradley University Move-In Day. Due to the expected increase of traffic, the following parking restrictions will be in place to ease the traffic flow and the move-in process.
Please be cognizant of the following. Any vehicles parked in a closed lot/area after are subject to ticketing and towing.
- No parking will be allowed on Bradley Avenue from University to Glenwood beginning at 3pm on Thursday, August 16 through Saturday, August 18.
- No parking will be allowed in the 800 and 900 blocks of Elmwood Ave., Visitor’s Lot, Duryea Lot, Founder’s Circle, and Geisert Lot, beginning at 5 pm on Friday, August 17 through Saturday August 18.
- No parkingwill be allowed on the west side of the 800-900 blocks University and south side 1300 block Main beginning at 3 pm Friday, August 17, through Saturday August 18.
- Southbound Elmwood at Main, St. James & Elmwood, and Northbound Elmwood at Bradley Ave. will be closed starting at 5pm on Friday, August 17 through Saturday August 18.
- Eastbound Bradley at Institute, Southbound St. James at University, and the Fredonia & Institute entrances to Heuser Hall Lot will be closed on Saturday at 6am.
- Fredonia from Duryea to Glenwood will be closed on Sunday, August 19, starting at 1:30 p.m. for a block party.
- Peoria Charter Coach Buses will depart from the front of Renaissance Coliseum on Main Street the entire weekend.
All Faculty, Staff, and Students must move their vehicles from the above mentioned lots/areas. It is recommended to use the Main St Parking Deck. Other permittedparking areas include Heuser, Markin and Swords parking lots.
Note: All faculty, staff and students who will not be at the university due to campus activities, or other organizational obligations and events prior to August 12. Do not leave your vehicles parked near residence halls. Move them to the Main St. parking deck if you are leaving the university prior to the dates of restricted parking.
For more information on the Move-In Day event including maps, facilities hours and a downloadable Move-In day parking form, please visit: https://www.bradley.edu/movein/.
Thank you for your cooperation during this challenging process as it immensely helps our efforts in assisting our returning students and their families.
If you have any questions concerning this notification, contact the Bradley University Police Department, 309-677-2000.