Bradley University Move-in Parking Notification
August 18, 2019
Dear Campus Community,
Saturday, August 24, 2019, is the official Bradley University Move-In Day. Due to the large increase of traffic on this date, the following parking restrictions will be in place to ease the traffic flow and the move-in process.
Any vehicles parked in a closed lot/area after are subject to ticketing and towing.
- No parking will be allowed on Bradley Avenue from University to Institute beginning at 3 p.m. on Thursday August 22 through Saturday August 24.
- No parking will be allowed in the 800 and 900 blocks of Elmwood Ave., 1400 block of St. James St., Visitor’s Lot, Duryea Lot, Founder’s Circle, and Geisert Lot, beginning at 5 p.m. on Friday August 23 through Saturday August 24.
- No parking will be allowed on the west side of the 800-900 blocks University and south side 1300 block Main beginning at 3 p.m. Friday August 23 through Saturday August 24.
- Southbound Elmwood at Main, St. James & Elmwood, and Northbound Elmwood at Bradley Ave.will be closed starting at 5 p.m. on Friday August 23 through Saturday August 24.
- Eastbound Bradley at Institute, Southbound St. James at University, and the Fredonia & Institute entrances to Heuser Hall Lotwill be closed on Saturday August 24 at 6 a.m.
- Fredonia from Duryea to Glenwood will be closed on Sunday August 25 starting at 1:30 p.m. for a block party.
- Peoria Charter Coach Buses will depart from the front of Renaissance Coliseum on Main Street the entire weekend.
All faculty, staff, and students must move their vehicles from the above mentioned lots/areas. It is recommended to use the Main Street Parking Deck. Other permitted parking areas include Heuser and Swords parking lots.
For those faculty, staff and students who will not be at the university on Move-In Day but will have vehicles parked on campus, do not leave your vehicles parked near residence halls. Park vehicles in the Main Street Parking Deck if you are leaving the university prior to the dates of restricted parking.
For more information on the Move-In Day event including maps, facilities hours, FAQs, and a downloadable Move-In Day parking form, please visit: https://www.bradley.edu/movein/.
Thank you for your cooperation during this challenging process as it immensely helps our efforts in assisting our new and returning students and their families.
If you have any questions concerning this notification, contact the Bradley University Police Department, 309-677-2000.