Advising Prep / Pre-Advising
Peer Mentors & Student Aides are available during advising and registration times to help students with the following registration-related topics:
- u.Achieve degree audits,
- navigating the Schedule of Classes and Undergraduate Catalog,
- long-term academic planning,
- creating schedule options for students to take to advising appointments
When Peer Mentors/Student Aides are scheduled for office hours, if they are not in a meeting, they will be available for drop-in assistance. We strongly recommend booking an appointment in order to guarantee you will be able to meet with a Peer Mentor/Student Aide. Their schedules can be viewed and appointments can be booked online following the instructions below.
- Login to Navigate
- Click "Get Assistance"
- Select "Student Aides" from the dropdown
- From the next dropdown, select one of the following:
- "Advising/Registration Support" if you need help with your class schedule or
- "Peer Mentoring" if you want to discuss college life, study strategies, involvement, etc.
- From the next dropdown, select the most relevant option
- Click "Next"
- Select "Academic Success Center" from the location dropdown
- Clicking in the box that says "Any Staff" should give you specific Peer Mentor/Student Aide names. If you have no preference, you may leave this blank, then click "Next"
- Be sure to click all the way through to confirm the appointment. You will receive a confirmation email. If you did not receive this email, your appointment is not confirmed.