Frequently Asked Questions

Based on questions we have been asked at Transfer Orientation programs, and by individual students, we have compiled a list of commonly asked questions that we may be able to answer for you.  If your question is not posted here, please contact us!

Is Orientation mandatory as a transfer student?

Orientation is mandatory for all incoming students, and family members are always welcome! Bradley University conducts five transfer student orientation programs throughout the academic year.  Transfer students have the opportunity to meet with campus officials, learn more about on-campus services, and take advantage of priority registration for classes (April Orientation only). We strongly encourage students to attend each event.  To learn more about transfer orientation programs please visit our website at:

How do I know if my credit will transfer?

Certain institutions have articulation agreements with Bradley, and the courses that will transfer are based largely on offerings at your previous school.  Those coming from schools without an articulation agreement will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.  Click on the following website for a complete listing of articulation agreements:

Bradley University has also endorsed the Illinois Articulation Initiative (IAI). Read more about this agreement in our Undergraduate Catalog:

How and when am I able to pay for my classes?

Students not receiving a refund from Financial Assistance do not need to claim their classes online.  For those receiving refunds, you may claim your courses by logging into MyBU and clicking on “My Tuition.”

Am I allowed to have a car on campus? 

Yes. You must purchase the parking decal (price varies depending on when you are paying for it, but starts at $200) before the start of the semester to park on campus. Learn more about parking and purchase a permit online at the Parking Department Website:

Where can I park?

You may park anywhere that is designated student parking (white lines) or in designated parking lots.  Friday evening from 6pm to Monday morning at 7am you may park anywhere on campus that is not a physically challenged spot or next to a fire hydrant.  Parking in the St. James Apartment complex is strictly enforced 24 hours a day.  A special permit must be obtained in order to park there. A map of parking locations can be found here:

Where do I turn in my Health Form?

Completed health forms can be turned into the Health Center, which is located inside the Markin Recreation Center.  Students will not be allowed to register for classes the following semester until they have turned in the completed Health form.

How do I get involved with a campus organization?

Bradley University boasts more than 240 Student Organizations to keep students connected to campus.  Whatever your interest, there’s an organization for it!  If not, students are encouraged to start their own!  Please click on the following link for a complete listing of Student Organizations:

During Welcome Week, there will be an Activities Fair where campus organizations have tables set up for interested students to ask questions.  Be sure to stop by (and look for the Transfer Student Advisory Council table)!

Where do I go to change my major?

All major changes are pending the approval from the department into which you are looking to transfer and the Registrar’s Office.  To request to change into another academic program, it is first necessary to speak with your academic advisor, who will be able to help you determine if you should start the process. 

I’m struggling in class.  Are there resources available for me?

As a Bradley student, you are eligible free tutoring. Specific academic departments also offer additional tutoring, free of charge. To learn more, visit the Academic Success Center website or call them at (309) 677-2416.

I need assistance with my writing skills.  Is there someone who can help me?

The Writing Center (located in Bradley Hall 390) helps students needing assistance with their writing.  They will not proofread your papers for you, but rather assist you in organizing your thoughts. To make an appointment, contact them at (309) 677-3254.  The Writing Center is closed during the final examination period.

Are there financial aid or scholarship options specifically for transfer students?

Upon admission to Bradley University, yes. For a complete listing of scholarships available to transfer students, please visit the following website:

Where do I need to go to find an internship?

The Smith Career Center provides numerous services that help to connect students to professionals in their selected career field.  Approximately 85% of Bradley students take advantage of internship opportunities, and the Smith Career Center will work with you to help translate skills learned in the classroom into professional development.  Click on the following link to learn more about their internship programs.

How do I know what the requirements for my major are?

Major and minor requirements can be accessed using the online undergraduate catalog or you can review your u-Achieve audit, which is a tab available in your Webster account.  This tab will allow you to review all major, minor and University requirements. Within your degree audit, you may also unofficially change your major to see if and where certain classes transfer from one major to the next. If you have general questions please stop by Sisson Hall 141 and we would be happy to assist you.

If your question was not answered above, feel free to call or email our office at (309) 677-2420 /