A Message from the Provost - Library Changes
As you settle into the semester, we want to remind you of some changes at the Cullom-Davis Library:
- You must schedule your library seat reservation in advance. You can log on here and use the EMS system to reserve your seat(s). If you don’t have a seat reservation, you may use your personal device to make one when you arrive (assuming there are available seats).
- There are also additional study and online class taking spaces available across campus.
- You will need your Bradley ID to enter the building. Library staff will not be able to look you up in the database.
- Face coverings must be properly worn at ALL times when inside the library. If you aren’t wearing a face covering, you may be asked to leave.
- Library seating has been set for physical distancing. Do NOT move the furniture. Even if you are roommates, live in the same greek house or on the same floor, you are not allowed to sit any closer to 6 ft together. NO exceptions in the library.
- Sanitation stations have been set up on the first and second floors so you can wipe down your chairs and tables before use.
- If you are visiting the Academic Success Center, CTEL, IT Service Desk or other unit, you will need to check in at the entrance desk first. Due to building capacity guidelines, you may experience a wait if you don’t have an appointment. Access to the Academic Success Center and Special Collections Center is available by appointment only.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the library other than drinks in containers that can be easily closed.
- To access Stacks Café utilize the external door to the left of the library’s main entrance.
Because books have to be quarantined for 3 days after they are touched (4 days for journals with glossy pages), please note the following:
- No current periodicals or newspaper are available
- Please request items from the books stacks or Curriculum Materials Center at the Circulation Desk. There is NO direct access to these materials.
- The Reference collection and the bound periodical collection on the second floor will be open. Please do NOT shelve any of these materials after you have touched them and return them to the bins provided near these collections.
- If you need to consult with a library faculty, contact the Reference Desk at 309-677-3502 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment.
–Sent to all Students on 09/01/2020
Share this story