Residence Halls Housing Update
Based on the previous message sent earlier today from President Roberts, we are requiring all students to return to their permanent residence for the remainder of the semester. Unfortunately, the COVID-19 pandemic is rapidly evolving making this decision necessary with very little advance notice.
Please make every effort to move out as soon as possible between March 19 - March 23, 2020.
- Residence Halls will be open for move out from 1 p.m. - 10 p.m. Thursday, March 19.
- Residence Halls will be open for move out from 8 a.m. - 10 p.m. Friday, March 20 - Monday, March 23.
If you are unable to make it during these times or are ill or immuno-compromised, alternative move-out times will be scheduled in the future. These will be communicated to you when established.
If you were previously approved to stay on campus due to extenuating circumstances and have changed your plans, please utilize the Check-Out procedures (detailed below) before March 23.
We recognize some of you may still have extenuating circumstances that require staying on campus. If this is true of your situation, we will work with you, please follow the process at https://apply.bradley.edu/register/sp20breakhousing. The deadline for this process has been extended to 1 p.m. Friday, March 20. If you have already applied and been approved, you do not need to apply again. Meal service will be available to Bradley students staying on campus in the residence halls. Please see our FAQs for details. Please note: if you are approved to stay on campus you may be asked to relocate to a different location.
- Please return to campus and begin moving items out of your room as soon as possible. We are asking students and their helpers / families to practice social distancing guidance as recommended by the CDC during this process. Your health and safety continue to be our first priority.
- Once your room is cleared, please visit the front desk, place your key in an envelope, write your name and room number on the outside of the envelope and put the envelope in the designated slot or drop box in the hall lobby.
Adjustments for Housing and Meal Plans
- As noted earlier today by President Roberts, Bradley University will take steps to make adjustments to students for housing and meal plan costs. More information about this will be provided to students via their Bradley University email address.
- If you are approved to remain on campus for the remainder of the semester due to extenuating circumstances, you will not have any adjustment to your current room rate. We will send an email with further instructions for students approved to live on campus.
To Prepare Your Room For Check-Out, Please Complete The Following Checklist
- Remove all belongings from your room
- Empty wardrobes/dressers/desks
- Remove posters/pictures from walls
- Shut and lock windows
- Blinds: if you live on the ground or first floor - put blinds down
- Blinds: if you live on any other floor - put blinds up
- Remove decorations from door
- Empty all waste baskets
- Take all trash to outside dumpster
- Turn off lights
- Lock door
- Place room key in check-out envelope
- Seal and write name and room number on outside of envelope
- Put envelope into hall lobby designated slot or drop box
Considerations for Your Move
- In accordance with recommendations from the CDC and the concern for the safety of all students and visitors, we encourage residents to limit the number of people they bring with them to campus to assist in the move-out process.
- Please go to the USPS website for mail forwarding options or visit our FAQs.
- Don't forget to bring extra boxes, tape and packing supplies.
This was a difficult, but important, decision made to protect the health and safety of our students, faculty and staff during this unprecedented time. We are saddened to see you leave prior to the end of the semester, but look forward to those of you returning to campus in the fall. Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have questions or concerns, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (309) 677-1111.
Bear in mind, all of these terms and requests are subject to change. Please keep a close watch on your email as we continue to communicate with you any important decisions. Communication and other information related to Bradley and COVID-19 can be found at www.bradley.edu/coronavirus.
We will truly miss you!
–Sent to Students on 03/18/2020
Share this story