Hollywood Semester - COVID-19
Hollywood Semester Students:
As we spoke prior to your departure for Hollywood, Bradley University is a strong partner in your experience in Hollywood. With this in mind, your health and safety are very important parts of this experience. Please know, we are currently paying very close attention to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) situation in Hollywood and here locally.
The State of California has issued a State of Emergency as of March 4. At this point, we are not restricting campus based activities, canceling classes or canceling large group events. We are also in communication with Ithaca College and Syracuse University regarding their Hollywood programs.
The guidance continues to follow the CDC recommended precautions, as you would for any illness:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using regular household cleaners, preferable those with bleach.
We will be sending out a communication to all students regarding spring break early next week. This message will also be important for you.
If you have questions, please know you can reach out to us here.
Nathan P. Thomas
Division of Student Affairs
–Sent to Hollywood Semester Students on 03/06/2020
Share this story