Bradley's Continuity Plan for Hollywood Semester
Dear Hollywood Semester Faculty,
Bradley is implementing plans to ensure the continuation of course continuity and student engagement and student engagement if the campus of the Hollywood Semester site were to need to close for an emergency. You are an important part of the preparation.
If the Hollywood Semester is closed, we will continue, as much as possible, to teach classes online through Sakai.
Bradley is asking:
- Faculty teaching in the Hollywood Semester to become active users of their Sakai course sites. If you are not using Sakai, please take advantage of the course-in-a-box educational material (designed especially for Bradley faculty) that was emailed to you earlier this week (and is also attached to this email). Once you've completed the self-guided course-in-a-box lessons, you can reach out for additional support through the Sakai website help link.
Be prepared to record your class lectures and posts for student access. Cory Rabe is compiling a list of channels from YouTube to Quick Time that you can use. I'll send this to you.
- Make sure your course syllabus is uploaded onto Sakai and ensure your Sakai class site is published (turned-on) as soon as possible. Also, send an electronic course syllabus to Jacob and to me before spring break.
- Email Jacob and me your student engagement and continuity plan.
If some course components are not conducive to online delivery, please notify and consult with your department chair as soon as possible. Bradley's leadership team will consider options for these instances.
- Students are asked to share their plans for spring break. If they are travelling out of the area, ask students to share with you: destination, fellow Bradley travel participants, dates of travel, and mode of travel. The same request applies to faculty travel during spring break. Please forward this information to Jacob and me before spring break. Visit Bradley's site on Heath and Travel information.
- Students must enroll in Bradley's Forewarn system if they have not done so. Bradley's technology team has accurate student phone numbers and will test the emergency system as soon as possible. Remind students, this Forewarn system is only for students in Los Angeles this semester. If you want to be part of BU Forewarn with emergency messages to students, please let me know.
Hand sanitizers and Clorox wipes are available for use during classroom meetings. Please wipe down desks and chairs before class begins. Also urge your students to wash their hands with soap and water or to use the hand sanitizers and follow general health guidelines.
We will continue to monitor the news and Bradley information. Additionally, a communication to the Hollywood Semester students is soon to be sent by Nathan Thomas, VP of Student Affairs. Let's keep the communication lines open with everyone in LA and at Bradley.
–Sent to Hollywood Semester Faculty on 03/06/2020
Share this story