Embody What it Means to be a Brave
Dear Bradley Community,
We recognize there are many changes in place for the fall semester and it’s a lot to absorb. All members of the Bradley University community are being asked to make significant changes to our behaviors on and off campus during the 2020-21 school year. Campus Expectations and Guidelines have been designed to clearly explain what you must do to help ensure the health and wellbeing of fellow students, faculty, staff and our community. Following them will maximize the safety of all and minimize risk of exposure to COVID-19. Let us show our strength and courage, like Mrs. Bradley did throughout her life.
These are commitments we must make at all times whether you are on or off campus and no matter the time of day. We must be vigilant. Across the country the COVID-19 cases on campuses have spiked because of off-or nearby-campus activities. We implore you to remain vigilant - NO large gatherings. We cannot stress this enough. We want to see our old friends and connect with new friends. There will be plenty of opportunities to do so, just not now. We expect students and student organizations, on or off campus, to refrain from organizing, hosting or attending non-university events, social gatherings and parties throughout the semester.
It is up to each of us to follow these guidelines so we can protect ourselves and each other. This video shows the commitment students are willing to make for us to be on campus all semester for #BradleyUnite. We hope you will make the same commitment.
Don’t forget to complete the training module to ensure a thorough and common understanding of the COVID-19 pandemic, its risks and the importance of risk mitigation strategies.
You are expected to follow these expectations and guidelines as listed, as well as any modifications communicated in the future.
We make the commitment to:
- Properly wear a face covering (mask) in all common areas, shared workspaces, classrooms, labs and property controlled by Bradley University, including fraternity and sorority houses and other officially recognized group space. If you are outside and physical distancing cannot be maintained, a face covering must be worn. You are not required to wear a mask in your personal residence. Learn more about our mask policy in our FAQs and how to take care for your mask here. A plastic type face shield does not meet the requirement of wearing a face covering
Physically Distance, Socially Connect
- Practice physical distancing by ensuring a 6-foot distance from others at all times, even when outside. Leave all chairs and furniture in buildings in place as these have been set to ensure physical distancing. Follow occupancy limitations throughout all areas on campus.
Practice Good Hygiene
- Engage in frequent handwashing for 20 seconds and disinfect personal space at least at the beginning and end of each day. Wipe down the space you will be using when you enter a classroom. Wipes and other cleaning solutions will be available in every classroom.
Monitor our Health
- Conduct daily self-assessments of your health consistent with symptoms of COVID-19. If you show any symptoms, remain in your apartment or room and contact Bradley University Health Services at 309-677-2700. You will receive a message next week with detailed information on daily symptom tracking.
- To support the health and wellbeing of our community, you are also expected to comply with testing and tracing requests from Health Services and if you test positive, share any and all contacts you have recently had. You will participate in surveillance testing if you are selected to do so. You will receive a message next week with the step-by-step details regarding surveillance testing.
Have No Visitors and Limit Travel
- There should be no visitors to campus. Family members may be an exception, yet we still ask these to be limited and be in outside spaces. Exceptions for campus visitors will be for approved class speakers or approved guests for student activities. All guests must be registered (except family) and all are expected to comply with campus expectations. Travel should be limited or restricted. If you must travel out of the area, it is expected you disclose this travel.
We are Serious. Students, should you fail or repeatedly fail to adhere to any of the Students Expectations and Guidelines, engage in personal conduct that places a member of the Bradley University community at risk, on or off campus, you will be subject to Student Conduct Code violations including fines and probation status, up to and including removal from the university. Faculty and staff who fail to comply and/or consistently disregard Bradley's Employees Expectations and Guidelines may be subject to disciplinary actions, up to being placed on administrative leave without pay.
We commit. I protect you and you protect me. It is our time to embody what it means to be a Brave!
President, Bradley University
President, Student Senate
President, University Senate
>Students Expectations and Guidelines and Employees Expectations and Guidelines along with FAQs are posted on our coronavirus website to answer questions you may have about fall plans. Email updates will continue to be sent and if you have questions or concerns, please send them to email@example.com.
–Sent to the Bradley Community on 08/21/2020
Share this story