Fall Semester 2020 Options for New International Students
We hope you and your family are doing well and that you are excited about your coming enrollment at Bradley University for the Fall 2020 semester. We are looking forward to you joining the Bradley family this fall.
I want to update you on some information that is very important as you prepare for the start of the school year. Below are your options for enrolling at Bradley University. Please review this information as soon as possible, contact me with any questions, and let me know your decision.
Option 1: Enroll full-time to attend courses on Bradley’s campus
- If you are planning to enter the United States to begin your studies at Bradley, you should plan to arrive at least 14 days before classes begin (or 14 days before your orientation date, if possible) in order to follow quarantine procedures. Your quarantine can be done in Peoria or in another US location. If you will live on-campus in Fall 2020, Bradley will assist you with a quarantine location.
- Once you know your date of entry, email us and we will give you a personalized letter to have with you at the border.
- As an F-1 student you are required to enroll full-time (at least 9 credit hours) for fall 2020. Avoid enrolling in only online courses. As an F-1 student within the United States, you cannot enroll in only online classes.
Option 2: Enroll full-time to complete courses online from outside the U.S.
- If you choose to remain in your home country for health or safety reasons or if you are unable to enter the US due to travel restrictions or because you cannot obtain a visa in time, you can take Bradley University Fall 2020 courses fully online.
- Work with your graduate program coordinator and instructors to understand expectations of attendance and assignments from your home country. Be sure you have access to the technology you need to successfully complete your courses. You may wish to contact the Service Desk for any questions or concerns.
- If you choose this option, we will defer your start date in your SEVIS record to the Spring 2021 semester. You will be issued a new I-20 to use to enter the US in January for the spring semester. If you have already paid the SEVIS I-901 fee, you do not need to pay again.
- Please note that Bradley University cannot guarantee that you will receive a visa to enter the U.S. for a future term.
Option 3: Defer your attendance to a future semester
- If neither of the options above will work for you, you can defer your attendance at Bradley University to start in Spring 2021 or Fall 2021. This means that you will not enroll in classes for the Fall 2020 term.
- If you choose this option, we will defer your start date in your SEVIS record to the Spring 2021 semester. You will be issued a new I-20 to use to enter the US in January for the spring semester. You should not have to pay a new SEVIS fee.
–Sent to Graduate International Students on 07/24/2020
Share this story