Coronavirus Information: Bradley plans to resume on-campus classes in fall, summer classes will be online. More Information »


Personal Safety FAQ

When do I need to wear a mask?

Everyone is required to wear a face covering or mask in common areas, shared workspaces, classrooms, labs, etc. We won’t require you to wear a face covering in your dorm room or outside with appropriate physical distancing.

Can I wear a face shield in replacement of a mask?

No. The CDC does not recommend use of face shields for normal everyday activities or as a substitute for cloth face coverings.

Where can I purchase face coverings/will Bradley provide masks?

The university will provide students with one reusable face covering. Students may also wear other masks or any face coverings they have, as long as it covers both the nose and mouth. The coverings must be kept in a clean condition, may not be contrary to other requirements of the work assignment and cannot pose a safety hazard. Additional Bradley-branded masks will be available for purchase at the Bradley Bookstore at a later date.

I am not able to wear a mask due to an underlying health condition. What should I do?

Appropriate accommodations will be made to ensure compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act for those who should not wear masks. Accommodation requests for students with health issues that don’t allow them to wear a face-covering should be sent to Requests should provide appropriate medical documentation or reference to previously submitted documentation. All requests will be reviewed in coordination with Student Access Services.

What do I do if a student, faculty or staff member is not following the COVID-19 safety expectations put forth by the University?

We appreciate you doing the right things to keep our campus safe. The first step is to kindly ask them to comply. In the case of face coverings, if they have an ADA exemption they should produce proof. If they have forgotten a mask, a building lead may be able to provide one or they should retrieve one from their personal belongings. If you are unable to resolve the situation, you can fill out the non-compliance form.

Will hand sanitizer be available around campus?

Yes. Hand sanitizer stations are prevalent around campus and more are being installed.

COVID-19 Testing and Tracking FAQ

Is Bradley offering free COVID-19 testing?

Bradley plans to conduct COVID-19 PCR (polymerase chain reaction) surveillance testing of students, faculty and staff who will physically be on campus in the fall. Approximately 250-260 individuals will be randomly selected each week — from Aug. 24 to Nov. 20 — for no-cost surveillance testing conducted through Health Services. We have received approval from the Peoria County Health Department on our testing plan.

Beyond the surveillance testing, only students who have been identified as close contacts or those with symptoms can get tested at Bradley Health Services at no charge. Health Services will be able to bill your insurance. We must charge you $160 if you aren’t on the close contact list or showing symptoms. The Peoria Civic Center offers free testing.

Employees, beyond those who are selected for surveillance testing, must go to their home care provider or another community testing service.

Housing FAQ

Will Bradley’s dorms have double occupancy?

Yes, the residence halls will have double occupancy across campus. There will be a limited number of additional single rooms made available in addition to the Singles Complex on the following priority basis.

My roommate is acting in ways that I think are unsafe and putting me at risk. What can I do?

We appreciate you doing the right things to keep our campus safe. Talk with your roommate about why safety measures are important to all members of our community. If you still experience problems, we recommend you speak with your RA if you are living in a residence hall. We are working on a non-compliance reporting process form and will communicate that process to you once it is finalized.

Can I bring a guest into my residence hall?

Guests who are not residents of a residence hall are not permitted.

Will cleaning supplies be provided?

Cleaning supplies like disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer will be available for common spaces. Students will need to provide their own cleaning supplies for their private residence hall rooms.

Will dining options still be available?

Yes, the dining halls, food courts and convenience locations will be open. More information is forthcoming.

What happens if Bradley moves to 100% online classes mid-semester?

If Bradley University must move to a completely online environment during the fall semester, students will be asked to leave the residence halls as we did during the Spring 2020 semester. In this instance, adjustments for housing and meal plans will be made accordingly.

What happens with my housing contract if I applied and received approval for remote learning?

If you have applied and received approval for remote learning, your housing contract in the residence halls, SAC, or St. James will be automatically canceled. You will receive communication directly from those offices of anything else you may need to do. If you wish to continue to reside in St. James and remote learn, you may do so. You must reach out to by Tuesday, August 4 to hold your contract in St. James. Any students who will be doing remote learning will not be allowed to live in the residence halls or SAC.

As a reminder, all other housing operations, including Main Street Commons, individual rental properties, fraternities and sororities are operated by outside agencies. All questions regarding the operations and leasing terms of these properties should be directed to the appropriate landlord.

This page is intended to provide information about the novel coronavirus, precautions that are being taken and prevention measures you can take, as well as information on the effects of measures various governments are taking to stem the outbreak.

This page is not intended to be all-encompassing and should not be considered to be providing medical or legal advice. In all instances, you should consult with a relevant expert for guidance specific to your circumstances.