Office of Sponsored Programs
The Disclosure and Request for Prior Approval form must be filled out and accompany the transmittal form and the proposal when it is routed for signatures. Activities and external relationships that have a potential for conflict of interest must be disclosed for all external grants. These forms can be found here:
Request for Prior Approval Part I
Looking for a Grant?
NEW - OSP has recently acquired a license to the eCIVIS Grants Network and web based software. This will allow up to conduct a broader range of more effective grant searches.
If you are interested in testing out eCIVIS, call us at 677-3877, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More about the OSP
Sponsored programs are an important part of the university's academic mission. By securing outside grants for their creative production and research, faculty are able to make their teaching more valuable to students, and more rewarding for themselves. The administration of sponsored programs is a joint partnership between the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) and Research and Sponsored Programs Accounting (RSPA). These two offices provide a complete set of pre-award and post-award grant administration services for sponsored projects.
OSP provides a variety of grant services, excluding the direct financial administration of sponsored projects. OSP's responsibilities include:
- disseminating grant opportunities
- serving as the first step in the central administration process of grant approval prior to submission to outside sponsors
- providing grant advice and expertise to faculty and staff
- serving as liaison to external sponsors
- submitting grants to the National Science Foundation (NSF) via the latter's "Research.gov" module
- negotiating contracts and agreements with outside sponsors
- ensuring institutional compliance involving human subjects or animal care research, responsible conduct for research and more
- and performing non-financial post-award tasks such as no cost extensions, change of Principal Investigator and grant transfers.
For grant approvals and electronic grant submissions through the Office of Sponsored Programs, please contact Dr. Jeffrey Bakken, Dean of the Graduate School and Sponsored Research (309) 677-3997 or Sharon Rast, Office of Sponsored Programs (309) 677-3877
Faculty and staff with questions are encouraged to contact OSP by phone or e-mail.