CTEL book groups and video discussion groups are ongoing discussion groups designed to promote, reading, viewing, thinking and discussion around a specific text. Each semester, CTEL will select resources based on current trends in higher education, university goals and expectations, and faculty/staff interests and suggestions. CTEL-selected books and video resources will be provided for all registered participants. Once convened, each group will establish its own meeting schedule and location. Bradley faculty and professional staff are asked to limit their participation to one book group per semester.
The following book groups have been selected for the fall 2019 semester. To register, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How Learning Works: 7 Research Based Principles for Smart Teaching (2010) Susan Ambrose, Michael W. Bridges, Michele DiPietro, Marsha C. Lovett
- The New Science of Learning: How to Learn in Harmony with Your Brain (2013) Terry Doyle and Todd Zakrajsek
- What the BEST College Teachers Do (2004) and What the BEST College Students Do (2012) Ken Bain
- Self-Compassion: I Don’t Have To Feel Better Than Others To Feel Good About Myself(2014), Simeon Lindstrom, Plus Related Videos
- VIDEO VIEWING GROUP on the Subject of Diversity and Inclusion in Universities.