Below are the pre-requisites for Bradley's Occupational Therapy program. Be aware that each occupational therapy school may establish their own specific pre-requisites which may vary from this list, so it is your responsibility to carefully research the admission requirements for schools to which you plan to apply. Pre-requisite courses may be taken as part of a Bradley major, minor, Bradley Core or free electives. Work with your academic advisor to plan the best timing and sequence for completing pre-requisites for pre-occupational schools. All science courses should be taken with labs unless otherwise noted.
See OTCAS Participating Programs Directory or individual program websites for program-specific requirements.
- Chemistry – 1 semester of general chemistry for science majors (eg. 3 semester hours) with laboratory experience
- Physics – 1 semester of general physics for science majors (eg. 3 semester hours) with laboratory experience
Psychology – 6-8 semester hours.
- General psychology
- Lifespan development
- Abnormal psychology
- Anatomy – 1 year of human or comparative anatomy that includes a laboratory experience
- Physiology – 1 year of human physiology (A two-semester sequence of combined anatomy and physiology will meet the anatomy and physiology requirement)
- Statistics – 3 semester hours of general statistics
- English- Minimum of one 300 level or higher health science writing course
- Medical Terminology- minimum of 1 credits in medical terminology