Internships and Job Shadowing
Take your learning beyond the classroom. Job shadowing or observing healthcare professionals, working or volunteering in clinical settings, or doing research are just a few ways to explore health careers, understand the roles and responsibilities of various members of the healthcare team, and to make sure you are choosing a career that is a good fit for you.
- Guidelines for Making the Most of your Clinical Shadowing/Observation Experience (At this time, we do not provide placement services, so it is up to students to take the initiative to network and seek their own shadowing/observation experiences. But Dr. Val will help coach students on how to do this.)
- Contact faculty within your major department regarding research opportunities. Many Bradley faculty welcome students to join their research teams.
- The Value of Shadowing - Read a student's story about his shadowing experience and career deciding experience.
- Summer Health Professions Education Program (SHPEP) (for freshmen and sophomores, especially those underrepresented in medicine and healthcare)
- Medical Scribes - ScribeAmerica
- Positions available at UnityPoint Health (Methodist, Proctor, and Pekin Hospitals) and Midwest Orthopaedic Center (Peoria, IL) in addition to other locations around the country.
- Contact Lauren Thompson, Chief Scribe at Peoria Hospitals | Peoria, IL (cell: 262-903-0187) email contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Paige Stalter, Chief Scribe at Midwest Orthopedic Center, Peoria IL (cell: 309-339-1473) email contact: email@example.com
- Comfort Keepers home healthcare
- NSF Research Experience for Undergraduates (NEU)
- Smith Career Center resources and Bradley netWORK
- Health Career Connection (HCC)
- American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Rochester Institute of Technology - Internships in Biomedical Research and for Pre-Medical Studies Students
- Fred Hutch Internship Opportunities
- NAAHP Summer Opportunities
- Healthcare internships and immersion experiences through the National Center for Rural Health Professions