Internships & Job Shadowing
Take your learning beyond the classroom. Job shadowing or observing healthcare professionals, working or volunteering in clinical settings, or doing research are just a few ways to explore health careers, understand the roles and responsibilities of various members of the healthcare team, and to make sure you are choosing a career that is a good fit for you.
- Guidelines for Making the Most of your Clinical Shadowing/Observation Experience (At this time, we do not provide placement services, so it is up to students to take the initiative to network and seek their own shadowing/observation experiences. But Dr. Val will help coach students on how to do this.)
- Contact faculty within your major department regarding research opportunities. Many Bradley faculty welcome students to join their research teams.
- Summer Opportunities & Programs 2018
- Summer Health Professions Education Program (SHPEP) (for freshmen & sophomores, especially those underrepresented in medicine and healthcare)
- Medical Scribes - ScribeAmerica
- Positions available at UnityPoint Health (Methodist, Proctor, and Pekin Hospitals) and Midwest Orthopaedic Center (Peoria, IL) in addition to other locations around the country.
- Contact Melissa Rettig, Chief Scribe at Proctor Hospital and Methodist Hospital | Peoria, IL (cell: 309-361-4673) email contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Comfort Keepers home healthcare
- NSF Research Experience for Undergraduates (NEU)
- Smith Career Center resources and Bradley netWORK