Student Laptop Recommendations
The College of Education and Health Sciences recommends that all incoming, transfer, and returning students have a laptop computer to complete their coursework. At the current time, these specifications are a recommendation, but will become a requirement for the 2022-2023 academic year.
Minimum specifications are noted below. If you would like to invest more, we recommend the following in prioritized order:
- upgrade to 16GB of RAM
- a newer processor with more cores and/or faster speeds
- a larger SSD for additional storage
Student Laptop Minimum Recommendations
Note: Chromebooks are not compatible with some of the software required, and do not meet the laptop requirements.
- Extended warranty (4-year warranty with accidental damage protection)
- Please note the extended warranty is an additional purchase for your laptop. You can also add a rider on parents’ homeowners insurance policy for added protection.
- An Ethernet adapter is highly recommended for online test-taking if it is not present on your device
- Having an HDMI port to connect to in-room projection systems. If your laptop does not have an available HDMI port, an adapter such as this one may suffice
Other Financial Considerations
With purchase receipts, the expense incurred to purchase required technology may be used to increase private or PLUS loan amounts. It is important to note that increases in cost of attendance for required technology will not result in an increase in scholarship, grant or work-study funding. Please contact the Bradley University Office of Financial Assistance for further information at email@example.com.