The accounting minor is open to all undergraduate students. Since accounting is the language of business, this minor will provide you with specialized skills in how to prepare and use financial information. It will not only enhance your decision-making abilities, it will also expand your career options.
If you’re a business major, you can complete the minor in 7 – 11 hours. For non-business majors, you’ll take 20 hours to complete the minor.
- ATG 157: Accounting Principles – 3 hrs.
- ATG 158: Accounting Principles – Cost Management - 3 hrs.
- ATG 201: Accounting Principles – Accounting Techniques - 1 hr.
- ATG 290: Accounting Careers Exploration - 1 hr.
- ATG 301: Intermediate Accounting I - 3 hrs.
- ATG 314: Cost Accounting - 3 hrs.
- MIS 173: Introduction to Business Analytics - 3 hrs.
Elective Courses (choose one) - 3 hrs.
- ATG 302: Intermediate Accounting II - hrs.
- ATG 383: Accounting Systems and Control - 3 hrs.
- ATG 477: Federal Taxes I - 3 hrs.