Civil Engineering (ABET)
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Our alumni are becoming leaders and stewards in their chosen profession and in society through their contributions to professional practice, research, entrepreneurial initiatives, or policy.
- Our alumni apply ethics and sustainability principles in their profession and commit to life-long learning, earn licensure and become experts and mentors in their chosen profession.
- Our alumni have the needed awareness of relevant global issues and cultures in order to thrive in a complex and multicultural world.
Student Outcomes (SOs)
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics;
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors;
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences;
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts;
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives;
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions;
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Annual Student Enrollment and Graduation Data
|Year||Fall Enrollment||Graduates in Year|