Mahmood R. Soltani
Business and Engineering Convergence Center 2267
Ph.D., Civil Engineering (Structural), Clemson University
M.S., Civil Engineering, Tehran Polytechnic Institute
B.S., Civil Engineering, Shahid Beheshti University
- Aug 2018 – present, Assistant Professor, Bradley University
- Jan 2017 – May 2018, Postdoctoral Researcher/Lecturer, Clemson University
- Mechanics of Materials
- Structural Analysis
- Design of Concrete Structures
- Wood and Masonry Design
- Prestressed Concrete Design
- Advanced Mechanics of Materials
- Behavior, analysis, and design of reinforced and prestressed concrete structures and materials
- Bridge engineering
- Risk and reliability of civil engineering systems
- Soltani, M., & Akurang, E. (2022). Characteristics of Saferoom/Shelter Wall Structures—A State-of-the-Art Review. Journal of Structural Integrity and Maintenance, 7(4), 265-270.
- Soltani, M., AlilooeeDolatabad, A., Akurang, E., & Abu-Abaileh, A. (2021). A Statistical Approach to Modeling the Reduced Flexural Capacity of Corrosion-Damaged Reinforced Concrete Beams. ACI Structural Journal, 118(4).
- Soltani, M., Abu-Abaileh, A., & Scott Rowe, B. (2021). Statistical Approach to Modeling Reduced Shear Capacity of Corrosion-Damaged Reinforced Concrete Beams. ASCE Practice Periodical on Structural Design and Construction, 26(2), 04020073.
- Jonnalagadda, S., Sreedhara, S., Soltani, M., & Ross, B. E. (2021). Foam-void precast concrete double-tee members. PCI Journal, 66(1).
- Attard, T. L., and Soltani, M. (2020). Mechanical behavior and composite action of two-wythe precast concrete sandwich beams via chemically hybridized intermediate layer. Composite Structures, 236, 111903.
- Soltani, M., Safiey, A., and Brennan, A. (2019). A State-of-the-Art Review of Bending and Shear Behaviors of Corrosion-Damaged RC Beams, ACI Structural Journal, 116 (3), 53-64.
- Lee, Y. S., Soltani, M., Schweigert, K., & Maharjan, S. (2019). Prevention and Repair of End-Region Cracks in Prestressed Concrete Girders: A State-of-the-Art Review. International Journal of Civil and Structural Engineering Research, 7(1), 134-145.
- Soltani, M. (2018). Reliability analyses of interface shear transfer in AASHTO LRFD specifications model and an alternative model. PCI Journal, 63(5), 36-50.
- Soltani, M., Ross, B. E., and Khademi, A. (2018). A Statistical Approach to Refine Design Codes for Interface Shear Transfer in Reinforced Concrete Members. ACI Structural Journal, 115(5), 1341-1352.
- Soltani, M., Shakeri, E., and Zarrati, A. R. (2018). Development of a Risk Management Model for Power Tunnels Design Process. Journal of Structural Integrity and Maintenance, 3(1), 67-74.
Departmental Service Activities
- CEC Concrete Laboratory, Director
- ASCE Student Chapter, Co-Advisor
- Research Excellence Committee, Member
- Service Excellence Committee, Member
- Judging Panel of Undergraduate Senior Structural Project, Member (2019-2022)
- Bridge-Pal Program, Member (2018-2022)
External Service Activities
- ACI Committee of 123 (Research & Current Developments), Voting Member
- ACI Committee of 348 (Structural Reliability and Safety), Voting Member
- ACI Subcommittee of 445-0D (Shear & Torsion-Shear Databases), Voting Member
- Forum session of ACI Committee of 123 (Research & Current Developments), Co-Moderator
- Open Topic (OTP) session of ACI Committee 123 (Research & Current Developments), Co-Moderator (Spring 2021 to Fall 2022)
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- American Concrete Institute (ACI)
- Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute (PCI)
Licensures and Certifications
Honors and Awards
- Caterpillar Inc. Faculty Achievement Award for Excellence in Scholarship, Bradley University, Fall 2022
- Clemson University's Glenn Teaching Fellowship, Glenn Department of Civil Engineering, Fall 2015 and Spring 2016
- Clemson University's Professional Enrichment Grant (PEG), Graduate Student Government (GSG), Fall 2016
- Registered Professional Engineer (P.E.) – Michigan (License No.: 6201309403)