Mahmood R. Soltani
Business and Engineering Convergence Center 2267
Ph.D., Civil Engineering (Structural), Clemson University
M.S., Civil Engineering, Tehran Polytechnic Institute
B.S., Civil Engineering, Shahid Beheshti University
- Aug 2018 – present, Assistant Professor, Bradley University
- Jan 2017 – May 2018, Postdoctoral Researcher/Lecturer, Clemson University
- Mechanics of Materials
- Structural Analysis
- Wood and Masonry Design
- Prestressed Concrete Design
- Advanced Mechanics of Materials
- Behavior, analysis, and design of reinforced and prestressed concrete structures and materials
- Bridge engineering
- Risk and reliability of civil engineering systems
- Soltani, M., AliloueeDolatabad, A., Akurang, E., and Abu-Abaileh, A. (2021, in-press). A Statistical Approach to Modeling the Reduced Flexural Capacity of Corrosion-Damaged Reinforced Concrete Beams. ACI Structural Journal.
- Soltani, M., Abu-Abaileh, A., & Scott Rowe, B. (2021). Statistical Approach to Modeling Reduced Shear Capacity of Corrosion-Damaged Reinforced Concrete Beams. ASCE Practice Periodical on Structural Design and Construction, 26(2), 04020073.
- Jonnalagadda, S., Sreedhara, S., Soltani, M., & Ross, B. E. (2021). Foam-void precast concrete double-tee members. PCI Journal, 66(1).
- Attard, T. L., and Soltani, M. (2020). Mechanical behavior and composite action of two-wythe precast concrete sandwich beams via chemically hybridized intermediate layer. Composite Structures, 236, 111903.
- Soltani, M., Safiey, A., and Brennan, A. (2019). A State-of-the-Art Review of Bending and Shear Behaviors of Corrosion-Damaged RC Beams, ACI Structural Journal, 116 (3), 53-64.
- Soltani, M. (2018). Reliability analyses of interface shear transfer in AASHTO LRFD specifications model and an alternative model. PCI Journal, 63(5), 36-50.
- Soltani, M., Ross, B. E., and Khademi, A. (2018). A Statistical Approach to Refine Design Codes for Interface Shear Transfer in Reinforced Concrete Members. ACI Structural Journal, 115(5), 1341-1352.
- Soltani, M., Shakeri, E., and Zarrati, A. R. (2018). Development of a Risk Management Model for Power Tunnels Design Process. Journal of Structural Integrity and Maintenance, 3(1), 67-74.
Recent Research Grants
- A Statistical Approach to Model Reduced Mechanical Capacity of Corrosion Damaged Reinforced Concrete Beams, PI, Bradley's Caterpillar Fellowship Program, Duration: 2019-2020.
- Evaluation of Engineered Cementitious Composite for Interface Shear Transfer in Concrete Members, PI, Bradley's Special Emphasis (SE) Program, Duration: 2019-2020.
- Reinforcing of Sulfur Concrete Members using Post-Tensioning Method for Planetary Applications, PI, Illinois Space Grant Consortium, Duration: 2019-2020
Voting Committee Member
- Subcommittee 445-0D, Shear and Torsion-Shear Databases, American Concrete Institute (ACI)
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- American Concrete Institute (ACI)
- Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute (PCI)
Licensures and Certifications
Honors and Awards
- Clemson University's Glenn Teaching Fellowship, Glenn Department of Civil Engineering, Fall 2015 and Spring 2016
- Clemson University's Professional Enrichment Grant (PEG), Graduate Student Government (GSG), Fall 2016
- PE (Michigan)