Mahmood R. Soltani
Business and Engineering Convergence Center 2267
Ph.D., Civil Engineering (Structural), Clemson University
M.S., Civil Engineering (Structural), University of Texas at El Paso
M.S., Civil Engineering (Hydraulic Structures), Tehran Polytechnic Institute
B.S., Civil Engineering, Shahid Beheshti University
- Aug 2018 – present, Assistant Professor, Bradley University
- Jan 2017 – May 2018, Postdoctoral Researcher/Lecturer, Clemson University
- Mechanics of Materials
- Prestressed Concrete Design
- Advanced Mechanics of Materials
- Behavior, analysis, and design of reinforced and prestressed concrete structures and materials
- Bridge engineering
- Risk and reliability of civil engineering systems
- Soltani, M., Safiey, A., and Brennan, A. (2019). A State-of-the-Art Review of Bending and Shear Behaviors of Corrosion-Damaged RC Beams, ACI Structural Journal, 116 (3), 53-64.
- Soltani, M. (2018). Reliability analyses of interface shear transfer in AASHTO LRFD specifications model and an alternative model. PCI Journal, 63(5), 36-50.
- Soltani, M., Ross, B. E., and Khademi, A. (2018). A Statistical Approach to Refine Design Codes for Interface Shear Transfer in Reinforced Concrete Members. ACI Structural Journal, 115(5), 1341-1352.
- Soltani, M., Shakeri, E., and Zarrati, A. R. (2018). Development of a Risk Management Model for Power Tunnels Design Process. Journal of Structural Integrity and Maintenance, 3(1), 67-74.
- Soltani, M., and Ross, B. E. (2017). Database Evaluation of Interface Shear Transfer in Reinforced Concrete Members. ACI Structural Journal, 114(2), 383.
- Soltani, M., and Ross, B. E. (2017). Evaluation of a Four-Point Bending-Test Method for Interface Shear Transfer in Concrete Members. ASCE Practice Periodical on Structural Design and Construction, 22(4), 04017008.
Recent Research Grants
- A Statistical Approach to Model Reduced Mechanical Capacity of Corrosion Damaged Reinforced Concrete Beams, PI, Bradley's Caterpillar Fellowship Program, Duration: 2019-2020.
- Evaluation of Engineered Cementitious Composite for Interface Shear Transfer in Concrete Members, PI, Bradley's Special Emphasis (SE) Program, Duration: 2019-2020.
- Reinforcing of Sulfur Concrete Members using Post-Tensioning Method for Planetary Applications, PI, Illinois Space Grant Consortium, Duration: 2019-2020
Voting Committee Member
- Subcommittee 445-0D, Shear and Torsion-Shear Databases, American Concrete Institute (ACI)
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- American Concrete Institute (ACI)
- Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute (PCI)
Licensures and Certifications
Honors and Awards
- Clemson University's Glenn Teaching Fellowship, Glenn Department of Civil Engineering, Fall 2015 and Spring 2016
- Clemson University's Professional Enrichment Grant (PEG), Graduate Student Government (GSG), Fall 2016
- EIT (Texas)