4+1 Bachelor of Science in Construction / Master of Science in Civil Engineering
Bradley University Construction undergraduates may enroll in the 4 + 1 BSC/MSCE program while completing their bachelor’s degree and meet the following requirements:
Students will be considered for the 4 + 1 BSC/MSCE program during the spring of the student’s junior year (preferred date: April 1) or in fall of the student’s senior year, at the latest. Students will not be admitted to the program after the first day of spring semester of their senior year. The student must follow the application procedures consistent with application to Graduate Education and the Civil Engineering Graduate Program with the following exceptions. The student:
- does not need to have completed the bachelor's degree to be admitted to the program,
- has a 3.0 overall GPA or greater
- has a minimum of 79 hours completed at time of admission to the program if admitted before completion of junior year, or 94 hours if admitted at the beginning of the senior year.
- does not need to submit letters of recommendation, essays, transcripts, or GRE scores
Students admitted to the graduate program pursuing an MSCE degree as an undergraduate as stipulated above will need to complete 30 semester hours of graduate course work with 9 hours dual counted in the BSC program. A minimum of 18 hours will be in CON designated courses; the remaining hours may include courses from other related departments, per the approved Elective Courses list. Students are required to pass a comprehensive examination during the last semester of their graduate program.
Undergraduates will apply for graduation for their bachelor's degree in the semester that they will achieve 126 credit hours and complete all undergraduate degree requirements. Following graduation with the BSC degree, students are considered graduate students. Students who are admitted to the 4 + 1 BSC/MSCE program will have up to nine graduate hours taken during the final year of the bachelor's degree dual counted for the BSC and MSCE Degrees. In the student’s senior year of their undergraduate program, they will take:
- 2 graduate courses, 6 hours of 500-level Construction courses, and
- 1 graduate course, 3 hours of 500-level courses in Business Management.
In the remaining two semesters in the MSCE program, the graduate student will take:
- 12 hours of graduate courses in the first semester of Year 5
- 9 hours of graduate courses in the second semester of Year 5, plus the comprehensive exam