The organizational communication minor introduces you to interpersonal skills valuable in small groups and large professional settings. You can customize the minor to your professional interest with courses in persuasion, intercultural communication, health communication, social media and conflict management. Organizational communication is an ideal minor if you'd like to pursue a career in leadership, not-for-profit agencies and corporate business, or graduate programs in communication, mediation and law.
Organizational communication minors must complete at least 12 unique hours of approved minor coursework; these 12 hours cannot be used to satisfy any other major or minor requirements.
Required Courses - 9 hrs.
- COM 292: Organizational Communication - 3 hrs.
- COM 392: Case Studies in Organizational Communication - 3 hrs.
- COM 393: Small Group Communication - 3 hrs.
Elective Courses (choose three) - 9 hrs.
- COM 303: Rhetorical Perspectives in Organizational Communication - 3 hrs.
- COM 305: The Persuasive Process - 3 hrs.
- COM 315: Intercultural Communications Theory - 3 hrs.
- COM 416: Researching Organizational Cultures - 3 hrs.
- COM 387: Strategic Communication in Organizational Contexts - 3 hrs.
- COM 394: Communication and Conflict Management - 3 hrs.
- COM 395: Interviewing Communication: Process and Strategy - 3 hrs.
- COM 396: Communication and Organizational Change - 3 hrs.
- COM 397: Virtual Team, Communication and Collaboration - 3 hrs.
- COM 398: Communication Training and Development - 3 hrs.
- COM 399: Computer-Mediated Communication - 3 hrs.
Total Hours: 18