Concentration in Mobile Computing
The concentration in mobile computing prepares you for a career in wireless networks and mobile application development.
Ready For Anything
The mobile computing concentration, available for both computer science and computer information systems majors, introduces you to the design and development of mobile networks and mobile applications. Courses cover wireless network development and security concerns. These courses add to your foundation in web technology, systems, programming, networking and other technology-focused topics.
By the time you graduate, your experiences include:
- Research and projects in small classes and groups
- Internship opportunities at organizations such as Walgreens, Caterpillar, the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, ProducePro and Illinois Mutual Insurance.
- A yearlong senior project with a local business client
- Networking, career development and programming contests through the Association for Computing Machinery student chapter
Making Your Mark
Mobile computing concentrations are valuable in many technical settings. Recent graduates have found careers in app development, networking and computer security.
Required Courses - 9 hrs.
- CIS 433: Mobile and Wireless Networks – 3 hrs.
- CIS 446: Advanced Mobile Programming – 3 hrs.
- CS 493: Agile Software Development - 3 hours
Elective Courses (choose one) - 3 hrs.
- CIS 435: Computer Networks and System Security – 3 hrs.
- CIS 495: Software and Web Applications Security – 3 hrs.