Business and Engineering Convergence Center 4265
Courses at Bradley University:
- ECE 303 Electronics
- ECE 441 Control Theory I
- ECE 410 Cooperative Control (developed by Dr. Wang)
- ECE 640 Dynamic Systems Analysis
- ECE 642 Advanced Control Systems
- ECE 681 Cooperative Control (developed by Dr. Wang)
Courses taught before joining Bradley University:
- E123 Engineering Drawing
- CS132 Computer Applications
- E230A Introduction to Electric Circuits
- E230AL Introduction to Electric Circuits Lab
- E333A Networked autonomous robotics (developed by Dr. Wang)
- E333AL Networked autonomous robotics Lab (developed by Dr. Wang)
- E335A Electronics I
- E335AL Electronics I Lab
- E336A Electronics II
- E336AL Electronics II Lab
- E334A Introduction to Microcontroller
- E334AL Introduction to Microcontroller Lab
- CS438A Computer Architecture
- Controls and Robotics: Cooperative control of multiple robots, Motion planning, Visual
servoing, Sensor fusion;
- Distributed Optimization and Learning: Coordination of multiagent systems, Deep learning, Approximate dynamic programming and reinforcement learning; Extremum Seeking Control;
- Nonlinear Systems and Control Theory: Nonlinear Control, Adaptive control, Optimal adaptive control, Robust control;
- Control Applications: Control of Bio-Systems,
Stabilityand control of distributed power network, Distributed sensor network
Research grants (funded):
- PI, “Distributed Detection and Control of Emergent Behaviors of Multiagent Systems: Simulation Using AgentFly”, Air Force Research Lab (AFRL), Funded, 3/2016 to 9/2016, Amount $67,000.
- PI, “Distributed Detection and Control of Emergent Behaviors of Multiagent Systems”, Air Force Research Lab (AFRL), Funded, April 20,
2015to Oct 20, 2017, Amount $424,503.
- PI of Subcontract of AFRL grant to Bradley, “Multiagent Task Coordination Using a Distributed Optimization Approach”, August 2014 to April 2015, funded, Amount $106,119.
- PI, “Multiagent Task Coordination Using a Distributed Optimization Approach”, Air Force Research Lab (AFRL), Funded, April 2013 to April 2015, Amount $499, 759.
- Co-PI in NSF CNS-0821557, “MRI: Acquisition of Mobile Robot Systems for Autonomous Multiple- Robot Cooperative Control Research,” Major Research Instrumentation Initiative, Duration: 8/08-8/11, funded, Amount $222, 975.
- Co-I, National Summer Transportation Institute Program, BCU Site, Funded, July1-July26, 2013, Amount $26, 466.
Selected recent publications
(over 100 papers in internationally refereed journals and conferences; 1700+ citations; h-index 18; i10-index 24):
- Wang, I. S. Ahn, Y. Lu, and G. Staskevich, “A New Distributed Algorithm for Environmental Monitoring by Wireless Sensor Networks with Limited Communication”, 2016 IEEE Sensors, Oct 30 – Nov 2, 2016, Orlando, FL.
- Fu, T. Yang, and J. Wang, “Effects of Jamming on a Multi-agent Flocking Model with Distributed Estimation of Global Features”, in SAI Intelligent Systems Conference 2016,Dec 6-7, 2016, San Francisco, CA.
- Bock, R. Hendrickson, J. Lamkin, B.
Dhall, J. Wang and I. S. Ahn, ``Experiments of distributed control for multiple mobile robots with limited sensing/communication capacity'', 2016 IEEE International Conference on Electro Information Technology (EIT), May 19-21, 2016, Grand Forks, ND. An extended version was accepted by International Journal of Handheld Computing Research.
- Wang, “Distributed coordinated tracking control for a class of uncertain multiagent systems”, IEEE Trans. on Automatic Control, to appear,
- Wang, T. Yang, G. Staskevich, and B. Abbe, “Approximately Adaptive Neural Cooperative Control for Nonlinear Multiagent Systems with Performance Guarantee”, Int. J. of Systems Sciences, DOI:10.1080/00207721.2016.1186242,
- Wang, I. S. Ahn, Y. Lu, and T. Yang, “A distributed detection algorithm for collective behaviors in multiagent systems”, in the 12th World Congress on Intelligent Control and Automation, June 12-15, Guilin, China.
- Wang, “Distributed coordinated tracking control for a class of uncertain multiagent
systems”, in the 2016 IEEE American Control Conference, July 6-8, 2016, Boston, MA
- A. Khan and J. Wang, ``On formalization of emergent behaviors in multiagent systems with limited interactions'', 2016 IEEE International Conference on Electro Information Technology (EIT), May 19-21, 2016, Grand Forks, ND.
- Liu, Z. Huang, J. Peng, J. Wang , and L. Li “An explicit predictive current-sharing control for parallel charging systems with nonlinear dynamics”, the 2016 American Control Conference, July 6-8, 2016, Boston, MA.
- Liu, T. Yang, and J. Wang , “Model checking for the fault tolerance of collaborative AUVs”, 17th IEEE Int. Symposium on High Assurance Systems Engineering, Jan 7-9, 2016, Orlando, FL
- Yang, Z. Fu, and J. Wang, “Application of an even-triggered distributed estimation algorithm in a simple multiagent flocking model”, in the 2016 IEEE SoutheastCon, March 30-Apr 3, 2016, Norfolk VA.
- Wang and C. Smith, “A Distributed Computing Algorithm for Deployment of Mobile Robotic Agents with Limited Sensing Ranges”, International Journal of Handheld Computing Research (IJHCR) , vol.6, 2015.
- Peng, W. Luo, W. Liu, W. Yu, and J. Wang , “A suboptimal and analytical solution to mobile robot trajectory generation amidst moving obstacles”, Autonomous Robots ,
Feb,2015, DOI 10.1007/s10514-015-9424-5
- Wang, C. Smith, G. Staskevich, and B. Abbe, “A deployment algorithm for mobile robotic agents with limited sensing/communication ranges”, 2015 IEEE International Conference on Electro/Information Technology, May 21-23, 2015, Naperville, IL.
- Liu, Z. Huang, J. Peng, and J. Wang , “Distributed Cooperative Voltage Equalization for Series-Connected Super-Capacitors”, 2015 American Control Conference, July 1-3, Chicago, IL
- Li, J. Peng, J. Wang , W. Liu, Z. Huang, “An Adaptive Parallel Charging System for
Super-capacitorLight Rail Vehicles: Charging Controller Design and Experiment Verification”, 2015 American Control Conference, July 1-3, Chicago, IL.
- Wang, T. Yang, G. Staskevich, and B. Abbe, “Approximate policy iteration for cooperative control of multiagent systems under limited sensing/communication”, IASTED international Conference on Computational Intelligence (CI2015), Feb 16-17, 2015, Innsbruck, Austria
- Wang, M. Obeng, T. Yang, G. Staskevich, and B. Abbe, “Formation control of multiple nonholonomic mobile robots with limited information of
a desiredtrajectory”, in IEEE International Conference on Electro/Information Technology, June 5-7, 2014, Milwaukee, WI.
- Shao, J. Wang, and T. Yang, “Experimental validation of distributed cooperative control for mobile agents with switching topologies and time-delays”, in IEEE International Conference on Electro/Information Technology, June 5-7, 2014, Milwaukee, WI. Best paper award.
- Wang, M. Obeng, Z. Qu, T. Yang, G. Staskevich, B. Abbe, “Discontinuous Cooperative Control for Consensus of Multiagent Systems with Switching Topologies and Time-Delays”, 2013 IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, Florence, Italy, December 2013.
- Wang and M. Obeng, “Discontinuous formation control for nonholonomic mobile robots”, the 7thIEEE Sensor Array and Multichannel Signal processing workshop, Hoboken, NJ,
- Wang, M. Obeng and X. Wu, “A New Trajectory Generation and Tracking Control Design for Nonholonomic Mobile Robots Using Complex Potentials”, Journal of Nonlinear Systems and Applications, vol. 2, no. 3-4, 2011
- Wang, Z. Qu and M. Obeng, “A distributed cooperative steering control with application to nonholonomic robots”, in Proceedings of the 2010 IEEE Confer. On Decision and Control, Atlanta, GA, Dec 2010, pp471-4576
- Wang, Z. Qu, M. Obeng, and X. Wu, “Approximation based adaptive tracking control of uncertain nonholonomic mechanical systems”, International Journal of Control and Intelligent Systems, vol. 37, no. 4, pp. 204-211, 2009.
- Wang, Z. Qu, Y. Guo, and J. Yang, “A reduced-order analytical solution to mobile robot trajectory generation in the presence of moving obstacles”, International Journal of Robotics and Automation, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 283-291, 2009.
- Qu, J. Wang, and R. A. Hull, “Cooperative control of dynamical systems with application to autonomous vehicles,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 53, no. 4, pp. 894-911, regular paper, May 2008.
- Wang, Z. Qu, J. Martin, and R. A. Hull, “Cascaded feedback linearization and its application to stabilization of nonholonomic systems,” Systems and Control Letters, vol 56, no.4, pp. 285-295, 2007.
- Wang, Z. Qu, C. M. Ihlefeld and R. A. Hull, “A control-design-based solution to robotic ecology: autonomy of achieving cooperative behavior from a high-level astronaut command,” Autonomous Robots, vol 20, pp. 97-112, 2006.
- Qu, J. Wang, and R. A. Hull, “A new analytical solution to mobile robot trajectory generation in the presence of moving obstacles,” IEEE Transactions on Robotics, vol.20, pp. 978-993, regular paper, 2004.
Member of International Program committee for IEEE Conf. CCA 2007; IASTED Int. Conf. Intelligent Systems and Control 2008, 2009; Int. Conf. Intelligent Automation and Robotics 2007-2014; Session Chair in IEEE Decision and Control 2013, American Control Conference 2007, 2006.
Frequent reviewer for IEEE Robotics and Automation Magazine; IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control; Automatica; IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks; IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics Part A/Part B; IEEE Transactions on Robotics; IEEE Transactions on Control Systems and Technology; IEE/IET Proceedings Control Theory and Applications; International Journal of Robust and Nonlinear Control; International Journal of Adaptive Control and Signal Processing; Journal of Guidance, Control and Dynamics; International Journal of Systems Sciences; ISA Transactions; Journal of Control Theory and Applications; Asian Journal of Control; International Journal of Control, Automation, and Systems; International Journal of Robotics and Automation; Fuzzy Sets and Systems; Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part G, Journal of Aerospace Engineering; Nonlinear Analysis: Hybrid Systems; and numerous conferences such as IEEE Conf. Decision and Control, Robotics and Automation et.al.