Interim Associate Dean, Department Chair, Professor, Entrepreneurship, Technology, and Law, Professor of Management Information Systems
Business and Engineering Convergence Center 2123
Ph.D., Operations Management, University of Cincinnati
M.B.A., Bradley University
B.S., Industrial Technology, Illinois State University
- Associate Professor, Bradley University, 2006 - Present
- Assistant Professor, Bradley University, 2000 - 2006
- Instructor, Bradley University, 1998 - 2000
- Graduate Assistant / Adjunct Instructor, University of Cincinnati, 1996 - 1998
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, Bradley University, 1994 - 1995
- Consultant, Central Manufacturing Company, 1996
- Consultant, Teplitz Development Group, 1996
- Technology Support Staff, Caterpillar Incorporated, 1995 - 1996
- Consultant, Baird Investments, 1995
- Industrial Engineer / Administrative Manager, Phillipi-Hagenbuch, 1991 - 1994
- Manufacturing Engineer, Transtechnology Electronics, 1988 - 1991
- Industrial Engineer, WABCO / Dresser Industries, 1985 - 1986
Honors and Special Recognition
- “Best Paper Award”, International Association of Computer Information Systems Conference, 2015
- "Best Paper Award," International Conference on Learning and Administration in Higher Education, 2014
- Leadership Award, Foster College of Business, 2008
- "National Council of Advisors Research Award”, Foster College of Business, 2006
- "Honor", Bradley University Chapter of the Order of Omega, 2005
- "Best Application Paper", Decision Sciences Institute Conference, 2004
- "Best Paper Award", International Association of Computer Information Systems Conference, 2003
- "Ben Bauman Award for Excellence", International Association of Computer Information Systems, 2001
- International Association for Computer Information Systems
- Association of Information Systems
- MIS 173 – Introduction to Business Analytics
- MIS 272 – Business Analytics Software and Applications I
- MIS 276 – Ecommerce Models and Applications
Selected Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles in the Last Five Years
Stephens, P. & McGowan, M. (Forthcoming). File Management: Student Knowledge of File Type Extensions, Issues in Information Systems.
Stephens, P. R., Young, J. A. (2020). Real-Time Visual Analytics: An Experiential Learning Activity for Undergraduates. Information Systems Education Journal, 18(6), 4-12.
Young, J., David, B., Schuetzler, R., Smith, T. J., Stephens, P. R., Syler, R., Zheng, H. (2020). When Programs Collide – A Panel Report on the Competing Interests of Analytics and Security. Communications of the Association for Information Systems, 46(5), 584-602.
Stephens, P. & McGowan, M. (2018). Issues in the Development of an Undergraduate Business Analytics Major. Issues in Information Systems, 19(2), 72-80.
Stephens, P. R., McGowan, M. K., Pape, V. V. (2015). Blended Learning in the Introductory Computer Skills Course. Issues in Information Systems, 16(2).
McGowan, M. K., Stephens, P. R. (2015). College Student Textbook Acquisition - An Exploratory Study. Journal of Learning in Higher Education, 11(1), 85-90.
Stephens, P. R., McGowan, M. K. (2015). Service Convenience: On-Line versus Brick and Mortar Bookstores. International Journal of Information Systems in the Service Sector, 7(3), 1-14.
- ETL Department Chair (2020 – Present)
- ETL Interim Department Chair (Summer 2019)
- ETL Tenure & Promotion Committee (Chair) (2016 – 2020)
- Committee Chair Undergraduate Curriculum Committee (2006 – 2017)
- Administrative Academic Team Committee
- Strategic Leadership Committee
- Undergraduate Curriculum Committee (Fall 2004 – Present)
- Committee Chair, Sabbatical Leave, 2014 – 2015
- Data Analytics Day Committee/Task Force Chair (Spring 2019)
- Committee Member, University Senate, 2014 – 2016
- VM / VDI Project Evaluation Committee Committee/Task Force Member (2017 – 2019)
- Intellectual and Cultural Activities Committee/Task Force Member (2017 – Present)
- Committee Member, New Opportunities (2020)
- AV Technician Hiring Committee Committee/Task Force Member; Summer 2019.
- Reviewer, EDSIG Conference on Information Systems and Computing Education (2019 – Present)
- Reviewer, International Association for Computer Information Systems Conference (2006 – Present)
- Member, Association for Information Systems (2016 – Present)
- Member, International Association for Computer Information Systems (2000 – Present)