Management Information Systems
The management information systems minor, which is open to all students, introduces you to IS basics. You learn essential software applications such as e-commerce tools, spreadsheets and databases. The minor is customizable, with options to explore topics such as database management, systems design, data communications and security.
Required Courses - 9 hrs.
- MIS 173: Information Systems and Business Applications - 3 hrs.
- MIS 272: Management Applications of Personal Computers - 3 hrs.
- MIS 276: Developing Information Systems for E-Commerce - 3 hrs.
Elective Courses (choose two) - 6 hrs.
- MIS 373: Business Data Communications - 3 hrs.
- MIS 374: Database Management and Administration - 3 hrs.
- MIS 375: Business Systems Analysis and Design - 3 hrs.
- MIS 378: HCI and Usability Testing - 3 hrs.
- MIS 379: Information Systems Security - 3 hrs.