Westlake Hall 246
Ph.D., Health Education & Promotion, The University of Alabama
M.A., Health Studies, The University of Alabama
B.S., Psychology, The University of Alabama
After completing an undergraduate degree in psychology, I began a master’s degree in health studies. Little did I know that this program would change my career trajectory and ignite a passion for health education and promotion. I went on to complete my doctoral degree at The University of Alabama, where my dissertation focused on college student marijuana use, perceptions, and knowledge of marijuana policies. I joined Bradley University in 2019, which has provided me the opportunity to help students find their own passion for health education and public health.
- FCS 100: Family Dynamics
- FCS 120: Foundations in Public Health Education
- FCS 203: School Health Promotion
- FCS 221: Community and Public Health
- FCS 341: Human Development through the Lifespan
- FCS 420: Public Health Policy
- My academic research is focused on two major areas: young adult substance use and misuse, and the use and impact of social media on health and health behaviors.
- Current studies in progress include exploring the influence of TikTok on health behaviors, as well as examining college student drug diversion behaviors.
- “Protests for Change?: How Media Bias can Shape a Movement” – SOPHE Conference 2021
- “Examining College Students’ Use, Perceptions, and Knowledge of Marijuana and Marijuana Laws” – SOPHE Conference 2020
- Advocacy & Resolutions Committee Member, Society for Public Health Education (SOPHE)
- Conference Planning Committee Member, Society for Public Health Education (SOPHE)
- NCHEC Ambassador, National Commission for Health Education Credentialing (NCHEC)
- Eta Sigma Gamma Faculty Advisor, Bradley University
- C.C. Wheeler Committee Member, Bradley University
- Recruitment, Admissions, & Retention Committee Member, Bradley University
Licensures and Certifications
- Master Certified Health Education Specialist (MCHES)