To apply to the Dietetic Internship-Master of Science program at Bradley University, please complete the DICAS application by February 15, 2019. Also, applicants must complete the Graduate School application, which is due February 21, 2019.
Please use the following checklist to ensure you submit all necessary information.
Checklist for Applying to Bradley University’s Dietetic Internship-Master of Science Program
- Dietetic Internship application (on DICAS) (due February 15, 2019)
- DICAS application
- Personal statement:
- Describe why you are interested in Bradley University’s Dietetic Internship-Master of Science program
- Explain achievements and work experience that you consider relevant to your interest in and capacity for graduate study
- Briefly state your career objectives and how this program will assist you in attaining these goals
- Current resume
- Three letters of recommendation
- Verification statement of completion of DPD program or intent to complete form
- Original transcripts of every school you have attended (sent to DICAS) (Please note: this includes schools where you only took one course)
- Official copy of GRE scores must be sent to our Graduate School (#1070)
- Graduate School's additional information (due February 21, 2019)
- You will receive an email from the Graduate School after you have uploaded your DICAS application. This email will outline how to complete the Graduate School's requirements. (Please note: The Graduate School's requirements for the DI-MS is different than other programs, so you only need to follow the directions in the email.)
- You must complete the Graduate School's requirements by February 21, 2019 for your packet to be considered complete.
- You will need to set up an account with the Graduate School.
- You must pay the application fee.
- Please note: Your DICAS application contains nearly all necessary information, so please only include the additional information we need!
- We appreciate you completing the Graduate School's requirements as soon as possible, rather than waiting for the deadline!
- Skype interviews (March 2019)
- We will notify applicants regarding their interview in early March.
- Graduate Assistantship Application (will occur after placement in early/mid April)
- Graduate Assistantships are available for the 2019-2020 year. Graduate assistant (GA) positions will be through the Family and Consumer Sciences (FCS) Department at Bradley University. The FCS department consists of six undergraduate majors (Dietetics, FCS, FCS-Teacher Education, Hospitality Leadership, Public Health Education and Retail Merchandising) and one graduate program (MS-DI). GAs provide service to all of these areas.
- Twenty (20) weekly clock hours of service are required during fall 2019 and spring 2020 in exchange for tuition assistance and a stipend. Duties include assisting faculty and staff in all areas with instructional, administrative, or research tasks. These responsibilities could include, but are not limited to, grading, proctoring make-up exams, laboratory preparations, data entry in Excel or SPSS, literature searches, or compiling data/records for departmental reports. Other tasks involve clerical skills such as word processing, copying/scanning, and answering phones.
- Candidates should possess strong communication, time management, and organizational skills as well as attention to detail, flexibility, initiative, and problem-solving.
- In order to apply you must be admitted to the MS-DI and you must:
- Provide a letter addressing why you are interested in a Graduate Assistantship in FCS and your qualifications for the position.
- Submit the "Graduate Assistantship Application" found on the Graduate School's website and your DICAS resume to the Graduate School.
- Notifications for Graduate Assistantships will take place in late spring/early summer 2019.