Bradley University has recently been approved by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) Board as a future education model graduate program. This program integrates didactic coursework with supervised experiential learning in a competency-based curriculum designed to prepare nutrition and dietetics practitioners for future practice. Successful completion of the program will lead to a master’s degree and students will be eligible to sit for the national registration exam for dietitians.
We are currently accepting applications for our fall 2021 cohort. Please contact Amanda Newell (email@example.com) for more information.
Graduate Assistantship Application (will occur after placement in early/mid April)
- Graduate Assistantships are available for the 2020-2021 year. Graduate assistant (GA) positions will be through the Family and Consumer Sciences (FCS) Department at Bradley University. The FCS department consists of six undergraduate majors (Dietetics, FCS, FCS-Teacher Education, Hospitality Leadership, Public Health Education and Retail Merchandising) and one graduate program (MS-DI). GAs provide service to all of these areas.
- Twenty (20) weekly clock hours of service are required during fall 2020 and spring 2021 in exchange for tuition assistance and a stipend. Duties include assisting faculty and staff in all areas with instructional, administrative, or research tasks. These responsibilities could include, but are not limited to, grading, proctoring make-up exams, laboratory preparations, data entry in Excel or SPSS, literature searches, or compiling data/records for departmental reports. Other tasks involve clerical skills such as word processing, copying/scanning, and answering phones.
- Candidates should possess strong communication, time management, and organizational skills as well as attention to detail, flexibility, initiative, and problem-solving.
- In order to apply you must be admitted to the MS-DI and you must:
- Provide a letter addressing why you are interested in a Graduate Assistantship in FCS and your qualifications for the position.
- Submit the "Graduate Assistantship Application" found on the Graduate School's website and your DICAS resume to the Graduate School. Note the due date for Graduate Assistantship applications in FCS is usually extended for MS-DI students.
- Notifications for Graduate Assistantships will take place in late spring/early summer 2020.