Why Bradley University?
- Smaller Classes and Personalized Attention: Class size in History courses average about 20 students and courses for majors only are often 12 or less. You can count on meeting other students in the program and on faculty knowing your name.
- Focused Programs: Our History and Social Studies Major is designed to achieve teaching certification in four years and our History Major is designed to allow the possibility of a double or even triple major in four years.
- Leadership Opportunities: Our smart, social students enjoy getting together for games, events, and field trips through History Club and are recognized for their accomplishments through Phi Alpha Theta, the national History Honor Society.
- Scholarships and Awards: Through the generosity of alums and former faculty there are a number of scholarships and awards available for students on the basis of need and merit.
- Study Abroad Opportunities: We often offer short-term history courses in great cities around the world taught by our own faculty—including Berlin, London, Madrid, Paris, Rome, and Sydney. And students are encouraged to pursue longer stays.
- Experiential Learning: Our curriculum includes many opportunities for collaborative work in exploring the methods of historical investigation, research seminars, independent reading and research, and support for internships.