Business and Engineering Convergence Center 4275
FASM - Fellow of American Society of Materials International
FASME - Fellow of American Society of Mechanical Engineering
Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Illinois Institute of Technology
M.S., Mech/Mfg. Engineering, Osmania University, Hyd., India
B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Osmania University, Hyd., India
- NASA – National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- ANL – Argonne National Laboratories
- AAQ – NASA Academy of Aerospace Quality
- CAT – Caterpillar Inc.
- PEC – Professional Engineering Consultant to various industries
- ASME, ASM, SME, SAE, STLE Committees
- Machining and Forming Processes
- Design for Manufacturability
- Optimal Design
- Mechanical Design, Statics, Strength of Materials
- Structural Dynamics
- Advanced Solid Mechanics
- Modeling of Manufacturing and Machining Processes
- Green Machining of P/M Parts
- Design for Manufacturability
- Optimal Design
- Environmentally Benign Manufacturing
- Nano-Coatings for Dry Machining Applications
- "Effect of Differential Hardness on Static Load Capacity of AISI 52100 Bearing Steel." ASME Journal of Tribology 143, no. 11 (2021): 111202 (with Joshua A. Brandes, and Erwin V. Zaretsky).
- “Process Parameter Optimization In Machining Of Γ-TiAl With Hexagonal Inserts,” Proceedings of the ASME 2021 International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition IMECE2021-69934, (with Ching-Tun Peng)
- “Dry machining parameter optimization for γ-TiAl with a rhombic insert,” Procedia Manufacturing, Vol. 53, pp:162-173, June 2021. (with
- “Effect of Process Parameters on Weld Spatter in Robotic Welding,” Procedia Manufacturing, Vol. 48, pp:358-371, June 2020. (with Christopher Martin)
- “Influence of Surface Pitting and Friction Coefficient on the Static Transmission Error in Spur Gears,” International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Robotics Research, IJMERR Vol. 9, No.3, March 2020 (with Timothy L. Krantz, and Wasiq AM. Abdul).
- “Experimental Study of MoS2 Coated Gears Testing in Vacuum After Exposure to Humidity,” Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on Tribology, May 2019: 3-14. (with Timothy L. Krantz, Zachary Cameron, and Tysen Mulder). Key Note Speaker – SerbiaTrib19
- “Optimization of Electrostatic Powder Coat Cure Oven Process,” Procedia Manufacturing, Vol. 34, pp:1018–1029, June 2019. (with Noah Glick)
- "Influence of tip modification on performance characteristics of involute spur gears." Australian Journal of Mechanical Engineering, October 2018: 1-20. (with Wasiq AM. Abdul, and Timothy L. Krantz).
- “Reducing Wear Of Steel Rolling On Ti6Al4V Operating In Vacuum,” Proceedings of the 6th Asia International Conference on Tribology, Sept. 2018 (with Timothy Krantz).
- “Onset of Plastic Deformation in Static Loading of Ceramic-On-Steel Hybrid Bearing Systems,” Proceedings of the 6th Asia International Conference on Tribology, Sept. 2018 (with Jake Pitman, and Ken Burris).
- “Performance of MoS2 Coated Gears Exposed to Humid Air During Storage,” Proceedings of the 44thAerospace Mechanisms Symposium, NASA Glenn Research Center, May 16-18, 2018 (with Timothy Krantz, Claef Hakun, Zachary Cameron, and Michael Dube)
- “White light interferometry and MountainsMap® - Case Studies In Static Load Capacity Of Bearings And Surface Finish Optimization Of Orthotic Knee Joints,” International Journal of Surface Science and Engineering (IJSURFSE), Vol. 12, No. 2, 2018 (with Omar Castiblanco).
- “Static Transmission Error of Spur Gears with Tooth Profile Modifications,” Proceedings of the 3rd International Materials, Industrial, and Manufacturing Engineering Conference (MIMEC2017), Dec. 2017 (with Wasiq Abdul, and Timothy Krantz).
- “Optimization of Surface Roughness in End-milling Using Taguchi Methodology,” Proceedings of the 3rd International Materials, Industrial, and Manufacturing Engineering Conference (MIMEC2017), Dec. 2017 (with Omar Castiblanco).
- "Testing Aerospace Gears For Bending Fatigue, Pitting, and Scuffing,” Proceedings of the ASME 2017 International Design Engineering Technical Conferences and Computers and Information in Engineering Conference IDETC2017, August 2017, DETC-68007 (with Tim Krantz, Cody Anderson, and Jason Petty)
- “Optimization of StepLock® Orthotic Knee Joint Design,” Procedia Manufacturing, 10, pp.622-633, June 2017, NAMRC 2017 (with Omar Castiblanco).
- “Effect of Differential Hardness on Static Load Capacity of AISI 52100 Bearing Steel,” 72nd STLE Annual Meeting, Atlanta GA, May 2017 (with Dr. Erwin Zaretsky)
- “Tribology Of James Webb Space Telescope’s NIRSpec Micro Shutter Assembly Mechanism,” Proceedings of the Second Congress In Tribology and Third Euro-Mediterranean Conference on
- Bioengineering, Biomaterials and Biomedicine ACT2017–EMC3B, April 2017, Marrakesh, Morocco (with Tim Krantz)
- “Measurement of Thin-film Coating Hardness in the Presence of Contamination and Roughness; Implications for Tribology,” Metallurgical and Materials Trans A, 47(4), pp.1629-1640, 2016 (with Demas, Lorenzo-Martin, Ajayi, and Erck.)
- “Measurement of Thin-film Coating Hardness in the Presence of Contamination and Roughness: Implications for Tribology,” Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A, 47(4), pp.1629-1640, 2016 (with Demas, Lorenzo-Martin, Ajayi, and Erck)
- “Tribology of James Webb Telescope,” NASA – Academy of Aerospace Quality, Marshall Space Center, Educator Training Facility, Huntsville, AL August 30 - September 1, 2015.
- “Friction and wear behavior of thin-film ceramic coatings under lubricated sliding contact” International Journal of Thin Solid Films, Volume 569 (2014) 70–75, (with Cinta Lorenzo-Martin et. al.)
- “Capturing Ball Bearing Interactions From A Spiral Orbital Tribometer,” STLE 2014 Annual Meeting and Exhibition, Orlando, Florida (USA) May 18-21, 2014 (with Michael Gilles and Steven Pepper)
- “Wear of Steel and Ti6Al4V Rollers in Vacuum” Proceedings of the 41st Aerospace Mechanisms Symposium, Jet Propulsion Laboratory, May 16-18, 2012 (with Tim Krantz)
- “Adhesive Wear of Rollers in Vacuum,” STLE 2012 Annual Meeting and Exhibition, St. Louis, Missouri (USA) May 6 - 10, 2012 (with Tim Krantz)
- ABET Commissioner and Team Chair for EAC & ETAC
- ABET Program Evaluator for EAC & ETAC
- Founding Member of NASA Academy of Aerospace Quality
- SME Accreditation Committee and Mechatronics Rep to ABET
- Reviewer of Journal and Conference articles from ASME, ASM, SME, others
Licensures and Certifications
- PE – Registered Professional Engineer in Illinois
- CMfgE – Certified Manufacturing Engineer
- CPSBB –Certified CPS Black Belt
- BB – Certified Six Sigma Black Belt