Morgan Hall 403
Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Illinois Institute of Technology
M.S., Mech/Mfg. Engineering, Osmania University, Hyd., India
B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Osmania University, Hyd., India
- Machining and Forming Processes
- Design for Manufacturability
- Optimal Design
- Mechanical Design, Statics, Strength of Materials
- Structural Dynamics
- Advanced Solid Mechanics
- Modeling of Manufacturing and Machining Processes
- Green Machining of P/M Parts
- Design for Manufacturability
- Optimal Design
- Environmentally Benign Manufacturing
- Nano-Coatings for Dry Machining Applications
- "Influence of tip modification on performance characteristics of involute spur gears." Australian Journal of Mechanical Engineering, 2018: 1-20. (with Wasiq AM. Abdul, and Timothy L. Krantz).
- “Reducing Wear Of Steel Rolling On Ti6Al4V Operating In Vacuum,” Proceedings of the 6th Asia International Conference on Tribology, Sept. 2018 (with Timothy Krantz)
- “Onset of Plastic Deformation in Static Loading of Ceramic-On-Steel Hybrid Bearing Systems,” Proceedings of the 6th Asia International Conference on Tribology, Sept. 2018 (with Jake Pitman, and Ken Burris)
- “Performance of MoS2Coated Gears Exposed to Humid Air During Storage,” Proceedings of the 44th Aerospace Mechanisms Symposium, NASA Glenn Research Center, May 16-18, 2018 (with Timothy Krantz, Claef Hakun, Zachary Cameron, and Michael Dube).
- “White light interferometry and MountainsMap® - Case Studies In Static Load Capacity Of Bearings And Surface Finish Optimization Of Orthotic Knee Joints,” International Journal of Surface Science and Engineering (IJSURFSE), Vol. 12, No. 2, 2018 (with Omar Castiblanco)
- “Optimization of Surface Roughness in End-milling Using Taguchi Methodology,” Proceedings of the 3rd International Materials, Industrial, and Manufacturing Engineering Conference (MIMEC2017), Dec. 2017 (with Omar Castiblanco)
- “Static Transmission Error of Spur Gears with Tooth Profile Modifications,” Proceedings of the 3rd International Materials, Industrial, and Manufacturing Engineering Conference (MIMEC2017), Dec. 2017 (with Wasiq Abdul, and Timothy Krantz).
- “Testing Aerospace Gears For Bending Fatigue, Pitting, and Scuffing,” Proceedings of the ASME 2017 International Design Engineering Technical Conferences & Computers and Information in Engineering Conference IDETC2017, August 2017, DETC-68007 (with Tim Krantz, Cody Anderson, and Jason Petty)
- “Optimization of StepLock® Orthotic Knee Joint Design,” Procedia Manufacturing, 10, pp.622-633, June 2017, NAMRC 2017 (with Omar Castiblanco).
- “Effect of Differential Hardness on Static Load Capacity of AISI 52100 Bearing Steel,” 72nd STLE Annual Meeting, Atlanta GA, May 2017 (with Dr. Erwin Zaretsky)
- “Tribology Of James Webb Space Telescope’s NIRSpec Micro Shutter Assembly Mechanism,” Proceedings of the Second Congress In Tribology and Third Euro-Mediterranean Conference on Bioengineering, Biomaterials and Biomedicine ACT2017–EMC3B, April 2017, Marrakesh, Morocco (with Tim Krantz)
- “Measurement of Thin-film Coating Hardness in the Presence of Contamination and Roughness; Implications for Tribology,” Metallurgical and Materials Trans A, 47(4), pp.1629-1640, 2016 (with Demas, Lorenzo-Martin, Ajayi, and Erck.)
- “Tribology of James Webb Telescope,” NASA – Academy of Aerospace Quality, Marshall Space Center, Educator Training Facility, Huntsville, AL August 30 - September 1, 2015.
- “Friction and wear behavior of thin-film ceramic coatings under lubricated sliding contact” International Journal of Thin Solid Films, Volume 569 (2014) 70–75, (with Cinta Lorenzo-Martin et. al.)
- “Capturing Ball Bearing Interactions From A Spiral Orbital Tribometer,” STLE 2014 Annual Meeting & Exhibition, Orlando, Florida (USA) May 18-21, 2014 (with Michael Gilles and Steven Pepper)
- “Wear of Steel and Ti6Al4V Rollers in Vacuum” Proceedings of the 41st Aerospace Mechanisms Symposium, Jet Propulsion Laboratory, May 16-18, 2012 (with Tim Krantz)
- “Adhesive Wear of Rollers in Vacuum,” STLE 2012 Annual Meeting & Exhibition, St. Louis, Missouri (USA) May 6 - 10, 2012 (with Tim Krantz)
- “International Space Station SARJ Race Ring Damage Simulation and Durability Test for Life Extension,” 19th NASA Quality in Leadership Forum (QLF) and NASA – Academy of Aerospace Quality, John F. Kennedy Space Center, Cape Canaveral, FL March 22, 2012
- “Effect of Surface Contamination Layers and Roughness on the Determination of Mechanical Properties of Thin Films Using Nanoindentation,” ASME/STLE 2011 International Joint Tribology Conference, Loss Angeles, CA October 24-24, 2011 (with Oelayo Ajayi)
- “Investigation of The Vacuum Tribological Property of Damaged Surfaces in Presence of Grease,” Grease Technical Committee – 2011 STLE Annual Meeting, Atlanta, Georgia May 15-19, 2011 (with Tim Krantz).
- “International Space Station Solar Alpha Rotary Joint Anomaly,” 18th NASA Quality in Leadership Forum (QLF) and NASA – Academy of Aerospace Quality, John F. Kennedy Space Center, Cape Canaveral, FL - March 17, 2011
- “Comparison of Tribological and Nanomechanical Behavior of Different Diamond-Like-Carbon (DLC) Coatings,” 35th International Conference and Exposition on Advanced Ceramics and Composites (ICACC’11), The American Ceramic Society, Daytona Beach, Florida Jan 23-28, 2011 (with Oelayo Ajayi).