John Jung-Woon Yoo
Business and Engineering Convergence Center 4228
Ph.D., The Pennsylvania State University
M.S., Seoul National University
B.S., Korea University
Honors and Awards:
- Heuser Research Award, Bradley University, 2018 - 2020
- Finalist, IISE-DAIS Mobile/Web App Competition (iCoursePlanner with Data Analytical Features: faculty advisor), 2020
- 1st Place Award, APICS Supply Chain Case Competition (Team Bradley: faculty advisor), 2018
- 2nd Place Award, IISE-CIS Mobile/Web App Competition (iCoursePlanner: faculty advisor), 2017
- Caterpillar Research Fellowship, 2012, 2015, and 2018
- John Andrews Award for Excellence in Service, Caterpillar College of Engineering Technology, 2015
- Finalist, IIE-CIS Mobile App Competition (EconoRouter: faculty advisor), 2014
- Research Excellence Grant, Bradley University, 2011
- 2nd Runner-Up Awards in the performance tract at Web Services Challenge sponsored by IEEE Joint Conference on
E-Commerce Technology and on Enterprise Computing, E-Commerce and E-Services (IEEE CEC/EEE) in 2008
- 2nd Runner-Up Awards in the architecture track at Web Services Challenge sponsored by IEEE Joint Conference on E-Commerce Technology and on Enterprise Computing, E-Commerce and E-Services (IEEE CEC/EEE) in 2007
- Best Paper Award in the track of Control System, Technologies and Application, the 7th World Multi-conference on Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics, Orlando, FL, USA, 2003
- Data Analytics
- Operations Research
- Engineering Statistics
- Computer Programming (Python and VBA)
- Automated Planning
- Data Analytics
- Semantic Web Service Composition
- Real-time Supply Chain Decision Making
- Modular Product Design for Global Manufacturing
- Yoo, J, Günay, E. E., Park, K., Tahamtan, S., Okudan Kremer, G. E., 2020, “An intelligent learning framework for Industry 4.0 through automated planning,” Computer Applications in Engineering Education, DOI: doi.org/10.1002/cae.22376
- Priegnitz, N. and Yoo, J., 2019, “Automated Location Classification Of Mining Trucks From GPS Data,” Proceedings of Industrial and Systems Engineering Research Conference, Paper ID: 579273, Orlando, FL.
- Rafa, A., Guo, G., Chen, J., Yoo, J., 2019, “Shrinkage Prediction of Injection Molded High Density Polyethylene Parts with Taguchi/Artificial Neural Network Hybrid Experimental Design,” International Journal on Interactive Design and Manufacturing, DOI: doi.org/10.1007/s12008-019-00593-4
- Yoo, J. Gunay, E., Park, K., and Kremer, G., 2018, “An Application of Automated Planning to Improve Readiness for Industry 4.0,” Proceedings of Industrial and Systems Engineering Research Conference, Paper ID: 2305, Orlando, FL.
- Tahamtan, S., Yoo, J. and Bhamidimukkula, S., 2017, “iCoursePlanner: Automated Planning for Ad-Hoc Education Programs using Mobile App,” Proceedings of Industrial and Systems Engineering Research Conference, Paper ID: 3463, Pittsburgh, PA (invited).
- Yoo, J., 2016, “A Mathematical Formulation for Interface-based Modular Product Design with Geometric and Weight Constraints,” Engineering Optimization, 48 (6), 985-998, DOI:10.1080/0305215X.2015. 1080578.
- Cheng, C., Chen, Y., Chen, T., and Yoo, J., 2015, “Using a Hybrid Approach Based on the Particle Swarm Optimization and Ant Colony Optimization to Solve a Joint Order Batching and Picker Routing Problem,” International Journal of Production Economics, DOI:10.1016/j.ijpe.2015.03.021.
- Yoo, J, Gnanasekaran, K. and Cheng, C.-Y., 2014, “A Collaborative Healthcare Service Framework and Performance Evaluation,” American Journal of Industrial and Business Management, 4, pp. 274-283.
- Yoo, J., Aryasomayajula, A. and Moon, S. K., 2013, “An Efficient Branch-and-Bound Algorithm for Interface-Based Modular Product Design and Performance Evaluation,” ASME Transactions: Journal of Computing and Information Science in Engineering, DOI: 10.1115/1.4025403.
- Yoo, J. and Rahmati, A., 2013, “Community Detection for Web Service Composition,” Proceedings of Industrial and Systems Engineering Research Conference, Puerto Rico.
- Yoo, J. and Aryasomayajula, A., 2012, “A Branch-And-Bound Algorithm for Interface-based Modular Product Design,” Proceedings of the ASME International Design Engineering Technical Conferences and Computers and Information in Engineering Conference, Chicago, IL, Volume 2, Part A, pp. 287-296.
- Yoo, J., Kumara, S., and Simpson, T. W., 2012, “Modular Product Design Using Cyberinfrastructure for Global Manufacturing,” ASME Transactions: Journal of Computing and Information Science in Engineering, 12 (3), pp. 031008-1~10.
- Yoo, J., and S. Kumara, 2010, “Implications of k-best Modular Product Design Solutions to Global Manufacturing,” CIRP Annals – Manufacturing Technology, 59(1), pp. 481-484.
- Dogan, I., J. Yoo, R. B. Chinnam, G. Vanteddu, and Y. Jia, 2008, “Design and Analysis of Agents for Supply Chain Management: Experiences from the Trading Agent Competition,” International Journal of Modeling and Simulation, 28(4), pp. 448-461.
- Yoo, J., S. Kumara, D. Lee, and S.-C. Oh, 2008, “A Web Service Composition Framework Based on Integer Programming with Non-Functional Objectives and Constraints,” IEEE CEC/EEE, Washington DC.
- Yoo, J., J. Paik, and V. Prabhu, 2008, “Control Algorithm for Technician Dispatch in Random Demand,” Industrial Engineering Research Conference, Vancouver, Canada.
- Oh, S.-C., J. Yoo, H. Kil, D. Lee and S. Kumara, 2007, “Semantic Web-Service Discovery and Composition Using Flexible Parameter Matching,” IEEE CEC/EEE, Tokyo, Japan.
- Yoo, J., E. S. Sim, Chengxuan Cao, and J. W. Park, 2005, “An Algorithm for Deadlock Avoidance in an AGV System,” International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 26(5-6), pp. 659-668.
- Yoo, J., Y. J. Lee, J. G. Hwang, and C.-O. Kim, 2003, “Application of a Deadlock Avoidance Algorithm to a Postal AGV System,” the 7th World Multiconference on Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics Conference, Orlando, FL.
- President, the Computer and Information Systems (CIS) Division of the Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers (IISE), 2014-2015
- Board of Director, Computer and Information Systems (CIS) Division of the Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers (IISE), 2012-2016
- Senator, Bradley University Senate, 2020-2022
- Faculty Advisor, Bradley APICS Student Chapter, 2012-
- Faculty Advisor, Alpha Pi Mu - Industrial Engineering Honor Society, 2019-