George (Gangjian) Guo
Business and Engineering Convergence Center 4226
Ph.D., University of Toronto
M.A.Sc., University of Toronto
M.S., Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics
B.S., Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics
- Manufacturing Processes
- Facility Planning
- Plastics and Composites
- Polymer Engineering
- Composites Manufacturing
- Design for Manufacturability
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Polymers, Composites, and Advanced Materials
- Guo, G., Chen, J.C., and Gong, G., “Injection Molding of Polypropylene Hybrid Composites Reinforced with Carbon Fiber and Wood Fiber”, Polymer Composites, DOI: 10.1002/pc.24350, March 2017.
- Gong, G., Chen, J.C., and Guo, G., “Enhancing Tensile Strength of Injection Molded Fiber Reinforced Composites Using the Taguchi-based Six Sigma Approach”, The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, DOI: 10.1007/s00170-017-0031-9, January 2017.
- Guo, G. and Chen, J.C., “Development of a Project-based Plastic Injection Molding Course for Manufacturing Programs”, 2017 ASEE Conference – Engineering Technology Division, Columbus, Ohio, USA, June 25-28, 2017.
- Guo, G., “Extrusion Foaming of LLDPE/Wood Fiber Composites”, ANTEC 2016 – Indianapolis, Indiana, USA, Society of Plastics Engineers, pp. 1850-1854, May 23-25, 2016.
- Guo, G., Chen, J.C., Gong, G., and M. Lingam, “Injection Molding and Mechanical Characterization of Carbon Fiber-Woodfiber/Polyproplene Hybrid Composites”, ANTEC 2016 – Indianapolis, Indiana, USA, Society of Plastics Engineers, pp. 1154-1158, May 23-25, 2016.
- Wang, C., Shieh, Y., Guo, G., and Nutt, S.R., “Effects of Organophilic-modified Attapulgite Nano-rods on Thermal and Mechanical Behavior of Segmented Polyurethane Elastomers”, Polymer Composites, Vol. 31, No.11, 1890-1898, 2010.
- Huang, Y.J., Wang, C., Huang, Y.L., Guo, G. and Nutt, S.R., “Enhancing Specific Strength and Stiffness of Phenolic Microsphere Syntactic Foams through Carbon Fiber Reinforcement”, Polymer Composites, Vol. 31, No.2, 256-262, 2010.
- Kim, Y.S., Guo, G., Park, C.B. and Wang, K.H., "Processing/Structure/Property Relationships for Artificial Wood Made from Stretched PP/Wood-fiber Composites", Polymer Engineering and Science, Vol. 49, No.1, 11-16, 2009.
- Guo, G., Rizvi, G.M. and Park, C.B., “Chapter 11 – Wood-Polymer Composite Foams”, in: Wood-Polymer Composites, Oksman, K. & Sain, M., eds., Cambridge, Woodhead Publishing Ltd., pp. 227-256, 2008. (ISBN: 1-84569-272-1)
- Rizvi, G.M., Park, C.B. and Guo, G., “Strategies for Processing Wood Plastic Composites with Chemical Blowing Agents", Journal of Cellular Plastics, Vol. 44, No. 2, 125-137, 2008.
- Guo, G., Lee, Y.H., Rizvi, G.M. and Park, C.B., “Influence of Wood Fiber Size on Extrusion Foaming of Wood Fiber/HDPE Composites”, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, Vol. 107, No. 6, 3505-3511, 2008.
- Guo, G., Wang, K.H., Park, C.B., Kim, Y.S. and Li, G., "Effects of Nano-Particles on Density Reduction and Cell Morphology of Extruded mPE/Wood-Fiber/Nano Composites", Journal of Applied Polymer Science, Vol.104, No. 2, 1058-1063, 2007.
- Guo, G., Park, C.B., Lee, Y.H., Kim, Y.S. and Sain, M., “Flame Retarding Effects of Nano-Clay on Wood-fiber Composites”, Polymer Engineering and Science, Vol. 47, No.3, 330-336, 2007.
- Rizvi, G.M., Guo, G., Park, C.B. and Kim, Y.S., "Critical Issues in Extrusion Foaming of Plastic/Woodfiber Composites", Cellular Polymers, Vol. 24, No. 6, 347-362, 2005.
- Guo, G., Rizvi, G.M., Park, C.B. and Lin, W.S., "Critical Processing Temperature in Manufacture of Fine-Celled Plastic/Wood-fiber Composite Foams", Journal of Applied Polymer Science, Vol. 91, No.1, 621-629, 2004.
- Rizvi, G.M., Park, C.B., Lin, W.S., Guo, G. and Pop-Iliev, R., "Expansion Mechanisms of Plastic/Wood-Fiber Composite Foams with Moisture, Dissolved Gaseous Volatiles, and Un-dissolved Gas Bubbles" Polymer Engineering and Science, Vol. 43, No.7, 1347-1360, 2003.
Licensures and Certifications
Project Management Certificate from PM College
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certificate from General Electric
Society of Plastics Engineers (SPE)
American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE)