George (Gangjian) Guo
Business and Engineering Convergence Center 4226
Ph.D., University of Toronto
- Manufacturing Processes
- Advanced Facility Planning
- Plastics and Composites
- Applied Statistics
- Computer Aided Graphics
- Design of Experiments
- Polymer Processing
- Design for Manufacturability
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Polymers, Composites, and Advanced Materials
- Chen, J.C., Guo, G., and Wang, W., “Artificial Neural Network Based Online Defect Detection System with In-mold Temperature and Pressure Sensors for High Precision Injection Molding”, The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 110, No. 7, 2023-2033, 2020.
- Guo, G., Li, Y., Zhao, X., and Rizvi R., “Tensile and Longitudinal Shrinkage Behaviors of Polylactide/Wood-Fiber Composites via Direct Injection Molding”, Polymer Composites, Vol. 41, No. 11, 4063-4677, 2020.
- Guo, G., “Density Reduction Behaviors and Cell Morphology in Extrusion of LLDPE/Wood Fiber Composites with Physical and Chemical Blowing Agents”, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, Vol. 137, No. 26, 48829, 2020.
- Rafa, A., Guo, G., Chen, J.C., and Yoo, J., “Shrinkage Prediction of Injection Molded High Density Polyethylene Parts with Taguchi/Artificial Neural Network Hybrid Experimental Design”, International Journal on Interactive Design and Manufacturing, Vol. 14, No. 2, 345-357, 2020.
- Guo, G. and Kethineni, C., “Direct Injection Molding of Hybrid Polypropylene/Wood-Fiber Composites Reinforced with Glass Fiber and Carbon Fiber”, The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 106, No. 1, 201-209, 2020.
- Syed, S.F., Chen, J.C. and Guo, G., “Optimization of Tensile Strength and Shrinkage of Talc-filled Polypropylene as a Packaging Material in Injection Molding”, Journal of Packaging Technology and Research, Vol. 4, No. 1, 69-78, 2020.
- Guo, G., Finkenstadt, V.L., and Nimmagadda, Y., “Mechanical Properties and Water Absorption Behavior of Injection Molded Wood Fiber/Carbon Fiber High Density Polyethylene Hybrid Composites”, Advanced Composites and Hybrid Materials, Vol. 2, No. 4, 690-700, 2019.
- Guo, G., Chen, J.C., and Gong, G., “Injection Molding of Polypropylene Hybrid Composites Reinforced with Carbon Fiber and Wood Fiber”, Polymer Composites, Vol. 39, No. 9, 3329-3335, 2018.
- Gong, G., Chen, J.C., and Guo, G., “Enhancing Tensile Strength of Injection Molded Fiber Reinforced Composites Using the Taguchi-based Six Sigma Approach”, The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 91, No. 9, 3385-3393, 2017.
- Guo, G. and Chen, J.C., “Development of a Project-based Plastic Injection Molding Course for Manufacturing Programs”, 2017 ASEE Conference – Engineering Technology Division, Columbus, Ohio, USA, June 25-28, 2017.
- Wang, C., Shieh, Y., Guo, G., and Nutt, S.R., “Effects of Organophilic-modified Attapulgite Nano-rods on Thermal and Mechanical Behavior of Segmented Polyurethane Elastomers”, Polymer Composites, Vol. 31, No.11, 1890-1898, 2010.
- Huang, Y.J., Wang, C., Huang, Y.L., Guo, G. and Nutt, S.R., “Enhancing Specific Strength and Stiffness of Phenolic Microsphere Syntactic Foams through Carbon Fiber Reinforcement”, Polymer Composites, Vol. 31, No.2, 256-262, 2010.
- Kim, Y.S., Guo, G., Park, C.B. and Wang, K.H., "Processing/Structure/Property Relationships for Artificial Wood Made from Stretched PP/Wood-fiber Composites", Polymer Engineering and Science, Vol. 49, No.1, 11-16, 2009.
- Guo, G., Rizvi, G.M. and Park, C.B., “Chapter 11 – Wood-Polymer Composite Foams”, in: Wood-Polymer Composites, Oksman, K. & Sain, M., eds., Cambridge, Woodhead Publishing Ltd., pp. 227-256, 2008. (ISBN: 1-84569-272-1)
Licensures and Certifications
- Project Management Certificate from PM College
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certificate from General Electric
- Society of Plastics Engineers (SPE)
- American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE)