Social Media Marketing
The Social Media Marketing minor prepares students for addressing a critical area of concern to retailers, sports marketers, nonprofit marketers and other entities that wish to create a community around their market offerings. Organizations across any array of market sectors are heavily engaged in social media marketing and foresee continued expansion of those activities.
- Build a foundation in consumer behavior that allows students to understand the mechanisms that may be influenced through social media (e.g., social identity, product perceptions, consumer motivation, attitude formation).
- Develop an understanding of the basic principles underlying consumer information processing.
- Develop a framework for understanding firm decisions regarding goals and objectives for marketing programs and the implications for the use of social media.
- Be able to support the integration of social media into the marketing mix decisions of the firm (e.g., customer communication, community building, generation of product enhancement ideas, customer feedback.)
Required Courses - 12 hrs.
- MTG 315 Principles of Marketing - 3 hrs.
- MTG 350 Consumer Behavior - 3 hrs.
- MTG 381 Integrated Marketing Communications - 3 hrs.
- MTG 391 Social Media Marketing - 3 hrs.
Elective Courses (choose one) - 3 hrs.
- MTG 355 Sports Marketing - 3 hrs.
- MTG 304 Professional Selling - 3 hrs.
- MTG 393 Retailing - 3 hrs.
- MTG 405 Strategic Advertising Cases - 3 hrs.
- MTG 410 Services Marketing - 3 hrs.
- MTG 420 Business Marketing - 3 hrs.